Sonic Electronix

Amp keeps blowing fuses?

Well i cant find my amps efficiency rating ..

And the wire probably isnt pure 10ga, so ill upgrade to some 4ga ..

Ill have to check the voltage tomorow morning, but i know its atleast like 12.5 at idle, unless something changed somewhere

10 gauge!?! Can that be cosidered power wire!? Lol well there's your problem. Going 4 gauge sounds good. I would recomend 4awg welding wire from weldingsupply. Com. Don't use that over hyped overpriced mainstream crap. Welding wire is far cheaper and and more reliable than most of the car audio brands. It's also pure copper! You can probably get it for $1 a foot or less

Your proble. Is too small of fuses. 2 20 amp fuses will only allow 480 watts rms at 12 volts. If your amp is truly 350 watts rms per chanlle, you need fuses to alow 700 watts rms of current flow so two 40 amp fuses will do. You always want some headroom with the fuses so you don't always burn them. It's simple math amps x volts= wattage

Its not his fusing a 3 second google search on the amp shows the amp is rated to put out about 150rms each channel, so that fusing is fine.....

Do you have any pics of the board???? If anything looks out of the ordinary, take some pics of it and post em up, may help solve the problem...

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Your proble. Is too small of fuses. 2 20 amp fuses will only allow 480 watts rms at 12 volts. If your amp is truly 350 watts rms per chanlle, you need fuses to alow 700 watts rms of current flow so two 40 amp fuses will do. You always want some headroom with the fuses so you don't always burn them. It's simple math amps x volts= wattage

you dont want to increase the fuses on the amp itself. the factory fuses in the amp are a specific size for a reason. if he doubles the fuse rating hes asking for trouble.

reaper.png

I have spare 4ga laying around, but I shouldn't even need 4ga for this small of an amp ..

But ill do some testing tomorrow morning and I'll bump the post with updates

Is the "10 gauge" ran all the way from the front battery to the back, or is does it come off a a distribution block/battery in the back???

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Sounds good. You can never go wrong with a larger gauge wire. Hell, my friend has a run of 2/0 for his 500 watt amp

Damn Overkill imo lol

But good that hes planning ahead ..

I see Amplifier upgrades in his future? lol

Is the "10 gauge" ran all the way from the front battery to the back, or is does it come off a a distribution block/battery in the back???

I have like a 18" of 10ga off my Capacitor ..

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I removed my capacitor, and i turned the gain down a little bit, and it hasnt blown yet ..

But i have like a 20min drive later today to work, so ill see if it blows on the way to work or not ..

Updates in an hour or so :D

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

Archived