Sonic Electronix

ok guys i know this is going to sound absurd cuz it sounds that way to me just saying it, but my question is if my Amp suggests a 4 gauge hot and ground wire and all i have around is 8 gauge, can i run two 8 gauge from the same source side by side to the amp and it be like running 4 gauge ? See the thing is that i live in a very rural area and the only thing within 75 miles is a walmart and all they have is 8 gauge also. Granted i will only be doing this temporarily until my 4 gauge wire is delivered next week.

P.S. What would be the results just using my 8 gauge that i have already ran in my car ?

Powerbass ASA600.2 amp

rwhops.jpg

you can install the 8 gauge but dont try to press full power from that amp without risking the wire heating up and catching fire if you ignore the wire heating up. the most i personally will try to get from that amp is 300rms with the 8 gauge. but thats just me.

150x2 at 4 ohms will be fine.

stick to a max of 150x2 at 2 ohms and 300x1 at 4 ohms (bridged). i would not go any higher than this due to safety reasons.

Wow looks like im going to be making a two hour drive tomorrow after work to my closest Car audio store to get some 4 gauge ! no way i could help from turnin it up full blast ! Would it help to get an even bigger gauge wire ? And is there any other place to get larger wire that i could use for this ? Hardware store etc. ?

rwhops.jpg

You can change the numbers in the white boxes on the right side - so lets say you have an amp efficiency of 81%, battery voltage of 14.1 and wire length of 10ft you'll enter those numbers and below that it will tell you what it all means. So for that we end up with for an 8ga wire we have 78 amps of max current and 879 watts total to play with before upgrading to a thicker wire.

Edited by Skullz

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2