Sundown Audio

i see.. but if i tune to 30 with a smaller port would it hit the higher notes?

no exactly sure on that, but the smaller box volume the better it will play the higher notes if its tuned low like that

If your concerned about response. Do 1.75cubes per 12 and about 10sq in of port per cube. Works great on the SA's.

i was for sure going to do 1.75 per sub. and only 10? i heard your supposed to use around 12-16? thats tuned to 30hz correct? i was thinking 1.75 per sub tuned to 33hz with about 12-14...? but you look like you know your stuff lol also pm me about how much a sundown 1500 is please :D jw so i can start saving up :P

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

wtf 400 for 1500? its only 300 for the 1200... 100 bucks for 300 more watts? :nea:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i was for sure going to do 1.75 per sub. and only 10? i heard your supposed to use around 12-16? thats tuned to 30hz correct? i was thinking 1.75 per sub tuned to 33hz with about 12-14...? but you look like you know your stuff lol also pm me about how much a sundown 1500 is please biggrin.gif jw so i can start saving up tongue.gif

12-16 is the average yes, but 10sq in of port per cube widens your bandwith and gives you a little more cone control on the low end. Ive also done a box for a pair of SA-12s in a 3.5 cube box tuned at 25hz, and it gave them a awesome flat response and sounded awesome. I did use 12 sq in of port per cube though. But they played everything you could imagine. SA's are simply, the shit.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

okay so im going to do 1.75 per sub tuned to 30hz with about 13 per cube... opinons?

1j1450.png

yeah id rather get the 1200 for like 120 less lulz i know sundown is ftw. my favorite brand. but ouch for 300 watts being like 100 bucks lol

1j1450.png