Sonic Electronix

I dont understand how Impedance rise works ..

So i think those RE Subs are like 3.2ohm per coil, So when wiring 3 woofers, you wire them in series/parallel ..

Wouldn't i have an Impedance of 6.4 per woofer, then wired in parallel would give me 2.13ohm final impedance?

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

impedance is the resistance of flow in AC. when you use the DMM its sends a DC charge into the wire to get a resistance reading. the 2 are very different. this is kind of advanced stuff. dont rack your brain about it too much. i was just letting you know that you shouldnt worry about having too much power.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Okay well on the website it says DC Resistance: 3.2ohm

I just dont wanna blow all 3 subs the minute i hook them up ..

After all, They are only rated at 175rms each, but i was told they can handle even 400rms without problems ..

And audiosavings has a package:

3 of them for $155 which IMO is a good deal ..

Edited by Chamois

2006 Saab 9-3 2.0T

its all up to you. you can blow them with half the rated power or put double the power and they will do fine.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.