Sonic Electronix

Bad News/Good News all in one day

Anyone with a blow through ive got my pen and paper out for tips/tricks/advice etc, and yes there is an RV dealer about 2000 ft from the garage door :)

if I had to do over again, or on the next rebuild.....

1. wish I kept the hole going through to the cab smaller. cut mine the full size of the box. works fine, but could have been smaller cutout. Maybe just the port through the cab? depends on enclosure design.....

2. should have radius'd the corners for the cut out. the boot does NOT like sharp 90degree corners to wrap around. maybe a 2" radius on each corner to help the boot relax more.

3. reinforce the back wall with 1x1 steel square tubing.......mine now flexes like crazy, partially due to the great size of the cutout.

4. bolt the box to the bed/frame rails from the inside of the box. hated some of the brackets people use that are visible from the outside. cleaner and less likely to get jacked....unless they get inside?!

brainstorming, will add as they come up :drinks:

these are all the pics I could find. hope something here helps!

IMG_3066.jpg

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

the boot was sandwiched and siliconed between the 2 layers of 3/4" mdf. I dadoed one side to hold the boot in place

IMG_2941.jpg

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

if I had to do over again, or on the next rebuild.....

1. wish I kept the hole going through to the cab smaller. cut mine the full size of the box. works fine, but could have been smaller cutout. Maybe just the port through the cab? depends on enclosure design.....

2. should have radius'd the corners for the cut out. the boot does NOT like sharp 90degree corners to wrap around. maybe a 2" radius on each corner to help the boot relax more.

3. reinforce the back wall with 1x1 steel square tubing.......mine now flexes like crazy, partially due to the great size of the cutout.

4. bolt the box to the bed/frame rails from the inside of the box. hated some of the brackets people use that are visible from the outside. cleaner and less likely to get jacked....unless they get inside?!

brainstorming, will add as they come up :drinks:

Thanks for the info!!! I read your build yesterday was very impressed to say the least.. I think if i could figure out torres box calc my life would be ALOT easier lol. As far as it goes with reinforcing cutout and anchoring box that will all be taken care of. Im still in the good graces of the vocational center, so i have autobody, auto mechanics, carpenters and welders along with all the tools i need for any and everything..I want the build to look good and sound good as well....

THIS IS THE START OF A PROBLEM THATS LACKING A SOLUTION

This is going to be a banging truck!

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

This is going to be a banging truck!

Still debating on the final product selections, they say less is more, budget for subs is $1000.00,so i have ALOT of choices out there. Do i go with 1,2,4,8 subs??? IDK yet ive got 2 full weeks to figure out what i wanna do...

Just to humor myself I called my local stereo shop, and asked "what is the best subwoofer for under 1000" he replied "Hands down Solo X or W7, nothing even comes close to either of them..." :lol::lol::lol:

ur kids are going to be proud of u ! after ur done with the build u should take the truck to that shop and smoke there w7's with equipment they never heard of before .

Really leaning heavily towards the DC's ive looked around at some other subs, read reviews, etc etc etc. Thought about doing a single RE XXX 15,Dual 12" Nightshades, Thinking its gonna end up being 4 - 12" DC Level 4's, blowthrough, RF T4000 or Sundown SAZ4500.. Still not sure about what Im going to run for Mids/Highs yet havent been able to get out and hear anything new. Deck- Alpine-DVA-9861 (i dont want a screen in my dash 8).....)