Sonic Electronix

I have finished upgrading my stereo which now consists of a Pioneer DEH-7200HD, DD Audio 6.5" components, Eclipse 6x9's, DD Audio C5b for the mids and highs, Sundown Audio 1200 SAE powering a DD Audio 3512. My problem is that I can't get the deck to send signal to the sub amp. I turned on the subwoofer output on the deck but it seems like all the bass is coming out of the front and rear stage. This has been driving me crazy because I don't know what else to do. The weird thing to me is that when I powered the front and rear stage with the speaker wires off of the main harness of my old deck and ran a rca back to my sub amp it worked perfectly but as soon as I added a 4 channel amp I lost all output from my sub amp.

I hope this makes sense. If not I can try to explain it better.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

System I now have and is finally installed!

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Digtal Designs CS 6.5" components

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Go through all the setting on the deck, make sure the sub is "ON". Make sure your RCAs are good. (mine did this once, it was bad wires). Check you remote wire? Do you have a DMM? If so, make sure your rem the ampote is getting the signal to turn on. Does the amp power up?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

Go through all the setting on the deck, make sure the sub is "ON". Make sure your RCAs are good. (mine did this once, it was bad wires). Check you remote wire? Do you have a DMM? If so, make sure your rem the ampote is getting the signal to turn on. Does the amp power up?

I used the Level 3 stinger rca's. I'm sure that the amp is powered up because the power light is on. I have a cheap o scope and from what I can tell it seems as though signal isn't making it to the amp. I even double checked the back of the deck to make sure that the sub rca didn't possibly come off and it was still connected.

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

If you can, swap out the RCAs for another set(even if they are cheap) just temporary to test it. Like i said, i had a similar problem and i thought my amp was blown. Somehow my RCAs got pinched and broke, but you couldnt see it, they looked fine. Other then that i hope your amp is ok. :ehh:

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I figured it out! The ends of my rcas are designed to tighten down by turning the collar to the right. It makes sense now because when I was putting the rcas on the back of the head unit some of them were hard to get on. After I did that the sub kicked on and scared me. Doing this also took away any trace of alt whine which is awesome!

Car

1991 Honda Accord EX

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Digital Designs 3512

Audioque 2200

DD Audio C5b

Optima Yellow Top

Rockford Fosgate 1/0

Damplifier Pro

Luxury Liner Pro

ddaudiologo.jpg

Archived