Sonic Electronix

alright i got some (new to me) subs off craigslist today. alright first. i got a 12" MTX Thunder 8000 for $25. is that good?

0912101522.jpg

0912101522a.jpg

0912101522b.jpg

sorry for the bad pics.. and i got a question, how do i hook this sub up? if you look in one of the pics you can see there are to things where you can hook up ur speaker wire but theres two of them. why?

and i got 2 10"s in a bandpass box for $40 there MTX Thunder 6000. same with these subs there is two spots where you hook wires to but they have a wire going from one of the positives to one of the negatives then the other positive and negative on the sub thats where ur speaker wire goes. im so confused iv never had subs like this.. please explain to me..

0912101524.jpg

The box with the carpet looks ported. As for the hooking up the subs your going to have to tell what kind of amp you have to help find the best way to wire it.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

Audio master king? Lol..with a name like that bro you should be answering questions, not asking them. But $25 for any decent speaker is a choice deal. A great deal.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

it does look ported yes but it isnt it has the plexi glass on the back, iv never seen a bandpass like this before. but i have no amp atm. im running the 2 10"s off my sony home stero, but i figure since the 10"s are just like the 12" it would work just so i kno it works. but i cant get any sound to come thru it.. idk how these subs work but iv had subs like this hooked to my sony stero before, do you have to have these hooked to a amp for them to work since they have the 2 sets of terminals??

lol yes i didnt think about my name well when i made it.. ahah

The glass might be for show, may have nothing to do with bandpass. The subs you have are dual voice coil. Like dude said you the master you know this.

Yo dog i heard you like boxes. so i put a box inside a box so you can bass while you FAIL

If its a small stereo. it may not have enuff power to make a difference. With the dvc you have to get the rite teminal. im sure the sub needs more power. and its hardly moving.