Well I can't really say its the alarm but, the remote. However, the damn alarm is useless without the remote and thats why I said alarm acting up. I have an older G4 Clifford in my Silverado and if anyone knows me i'm pretty old school with my equipment. The alarm was barely put in last year for the first time, I also added smart windows and the alarm had a built in remote start system. Now the smart windows auto roll down feature still works because my windows can go up and down with one touch of the switch. The remotes start worked this morning and then I disarmed the vehicle and jumped in. Once I got to my destination I shut it down and closed the doors. The remote did not arm the vehicle.

I am going to try to reprogram the remote and hope that is the problem but, with the remote start (truck is diesel) and with the smart windows I may have to program it all again. Either way I am not looking foward to it. If I have to replace it all does are the new clifford alarms compatible with the smart windows IV? I know a lot of the new alarms the remote start is built in.

Any advice would be appreciated, Thanks.

Damn a G4, I used to sell and install the hell out of those back in 02-03... I am sorry to say that I have totally forgot everything about them. Well I remember a lot of wires and one huge issue that I had with them... when they would get hot, or hot in the vehicle, they would stop responding to the remote. i forget if it would cause other issues like no start.

Mine were always mounted high in the passenger dash or under the seat.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields