Need help weird HID problem

Sorry guys I don't know where to post this but I need some help. So real quick rundown of the install i ordered my low beam set from one company which was total plug and play and they work great. However we broke one of the bulbs while putting it in and it wouldn't stay in the housing. So I ordered a new set of bulbs for my low beams, my high beam kit and a relay kit from another company cause it was cheaper with them maybe know I why. Anyway swapped out the low beam bulbs and they still work great. I put in the high beam kit with the relay kit which I modded to be full plug and play by buying a 9005 plug from Autozone so I didn't have to tap anything except for the connections at the battery and they work but they flicker. I don't mean turn on and off they have this weird flicker to them they stay on and work but they look like stars twinkling its weird. The only difference in the kits are the ballast and the fact that the high beams are 55w vs the low beam which is 35w. Oh and the low beams are in a projector housing and the high beams aren't if that matters at all i dont know it it does. I don't know why its doing this I think its the ballast cause that is the only thing that differs between the two kits but how could they both be bad and causing the same problem. Any help would be great guys I have pics of the install if you would like them. But it will take forever to up load cause they are hi res photos. Thanks again for any help.

Low beam kit came from here- http://www.hid-light.com/

High beam kit. low beam replacement bulbs and relay kit came from here- http://www.hidgeeks.com/

edit- spelling

Edited by Jville140db

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

i have the same problem with the flickering, but its only one side

apparently you dont get the fact that the subaru was wrapped around a pole. and by the status of your comment, im guessing your mouth is too.

Vehicle: 1997 Honda Civic EX

Exterior: 55w 5k Headlights and 35w 3k JDM Fogs. Lowered. Sittin on steelies right now

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate P450.4

Batteries: Kinetik HC 800

Electrical: Big 3 in 1/0

Enclosure: n/a : (

Headunit: Clarion VZ409

Mids/Highs: Pheonix Gold Rsd6.5's in the Front Doors

Subwoofers: n/a : (

Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 and 4g

Future Upgrades: 20% tint all around, GC/Koni coilovers, body work (fml) lol

This is right from DDMtunings website.

"If both sides are flickering it can be caused by a few things. More than likely because the car can’t supply enough power to the ballasts on startup. You can check this by connecting the adapter cables on the bulbs to the battery with the bulb and ballast connected. If the kit fires up without any problems you will probably need a wiring harness.

If your car has Daytime Running Lights (DRL) if could be caused by the car quickly turning the lights on and off to give the effect that the halogen bulbs are running at half power. If the flickering is caused by the DRL you can try a wiring harness or have the DRL disabled (NOTE: disabling the DRL may not be legal in all areas, check with local laws before doing so). The flickering can also be caused by the car’s self-check system to see if there is a working halogen bulb connected. This can typically be corrected with the BOW3."

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

This is right from DDMtunings website.

"If both sides are flickering it can be caused by a few things. More than likely because the car can’t supply enough power to the ballasts on startup. You can check this by connecting the adapter cables on the bulbs to the battery with the bulb and ballast connected. If the kit fires up without any problems you will probably need a wiring harness.

If your car has Daytime Running Lights (DRL) if could be caused by the car quickly turning the lights on and off to give the effect that the halogen bulbs are running at half power. If the flickering is caused by the DRL you can try a wiring harness or have the DRL disabled (NOTE: disabling the DRL may not be legal in all areas, check with local laws before doing so). The flickering can also be caused by the car’s self-check system to see if there is a working halogen bulb connected. This can typically be corrected with the BOW3."

no drl's on my car thats one of the reasons i bought it lol and i already putin the realy kit for it i just modded a 9005 bulb harness so i didnt have to solder anything yeah yeah im lazy lol but the relay harness is already on it i understand the flicker on start up but the flicker when the are on fully and warmed up

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

you need a relay kit. on stock wiring i had flickering on start up on 35'w (9006 bulbs). with a relay harness on 55's i have no problem.

also some cars have DRL's on the high beams so that could be another problem.

you need a relay kit. on stock wiring i had flickering on start up on 35'w (9006 bulbs). with a relay harness on 55's i have no problem.

also some cars have DRL's on the high beams so that could be another problem.

again no DRL's and the relay kit is already put in did it when i first put them in and its not flicker on start up i understand that the bulb has to warm up its when they are on they have this weird twinkling to them its just annoying they work fine and look good and dont shut off just wired and my low beams dont do this

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car