Sundown Audio

Cadence ZRS9000D proto

Mrbubbles00482

Got a ZRS9kD prototype (confirmed same specs as production model..) Anyone know if this amp will run 18v? I have two turbo start 16v's and a 16v charger...looking to get some use out of them but I'm not sure about the amp, and haven't found to much info past wattage ratings from people.

It supposedly has the same board as an AB VFL500.1...which I've seen test results all the way up to 18v systems. I could hook up the 16v batts just to see if the amp would turn on seeing that high of voltage (15.8ish) but then again I really don't want to chance it...

I HAVE called Cadence, which they said to run 18v you would completely have to re-design the amp....but I was mainly asking because of the fact of having the same board as VFL500.1, different guts to the amp? or a different voltage protection circuit?

Setup is 4 RD alpha V2 15's (possibly going to PSI recones soon) with the cadence ZRS9kD, just trying to figure out electrical options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the protection circuitry could be different between the 2 amps.

if cadence says dont do it, i wouldnt do it, then you may end up paying to have it fixed.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg