Sundown Audio

Audioque bass knob problem

drewb53

That did cross my mind today, but i thought if that happened then the power light and all that wouldnt work. I will take a look at it tomorrow though.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

My aq1200d amp works fine but my bass knob just stopped on me. It worked for about half a year. Now though, the light will come on but whether I turn it up or down, it doesn't do anything. But occasionally my sub will have a random burp of being much louder. Almost as if there's a short in the wire of it. I unplugged it and am running without it and it's fine. But anyways. I'm having the same problem with mine

well i just looked at the wire, and there is a piece where the black over is split open. The wires inside look fine, but i am pretty sure thats where my problem is.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Well after a closer look i realized that the casing over the wires is split, but none of the wires are. I know when i used to have my old aq1200 the bass knob had some pressure when you turned it. This one does not i can touch it and it will move. Do you think it is the remote?

my bass knobs change turn resistance depending on temperature. On cold days they are hard to turn, and on warm days you can breath on em and they'll turn.

Your cable can be partially broken and your lights will still be on. Just as well, the potentiometer in the remote could be faulty. Try a new cable (i think they're just phone cords) if that don't work, get a new knob. IF you're feeling adventurous, take a look inside the remote for something that's come loose.

i thought about calling audioque and seeing if i could get another cord, but i dont know if they are going to charge me for it if so. Because it would kind of suck to get a new cord and that not be it you know?

Archived