Right fuse?

I was lookin at the 1600 watt hifonics brutus amp. I am lookin to run it at 2 ohms. It has 2 70a fuses on it, and it said 4g power wire is reccommended. My issues:

isnt that much amperage too much for 4ga?

I cant even find a 140a fuse

can anyone clarify this for me?

I was lookin at the 1600 watt hifonics brutus amp. I am lookin to run it at 2 ohms. It has 2 70a fuses on it, and it said 4g power wire is reccommended. My issues:

isnt that much amperage too much for 4ga?

I cant even find a 140a fuse

can anyone clarify this for me?

My 4g knukonceptz amp kit has a 180a fuse if that helps.

its OFC.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Wire is fused to protect the wire from catching fire. Your wire should have a amp rating for it. Obviously you don't need to fuse it any bigger then what your pulling through your amp but if the amp has its own fuse it is suppose to protect itself so you just have to worry about protecting the wire.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Wire is fused to protect the wire from catching fire. Your wire should have a amp rating for it. Obviously you don't need to fuse it any bigger then what your pulling through your amp but if the amp has its own fuse it is suppose to protect itself so you just have to worry about protecting the wire.

so just stick to 125a for 4ga?

I'm not positive but 4g should be rated a little higher I THINK. Somewhere recently there was a thread with most common specs on wire. Maybe look through the electrical subforum and see what you find.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I'm not positive but 4g should be rated a little higher I THINK. Somewhere recently there was a thread with most common specs on wire. Maybe look through the electrical subforum and see what you find.

i did thats where I got 125a

The CCA Knuwire is rated at 100 amps, and the OFC is rated at 150 amps (so get a 150 amp fuse). And I think it's about the same price as 1/0 CCA...

I'm pretty sure the OFC Knuwire is more than enough, the fuse will protect the wire and provide the current the amp needs.

Edited by 7jezuz7

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png