Second Skin Audio

Need help with bandpass design

white4d96

Old box is out of the car and not going back in. I'm bored with ported boxes; mine have always either been loud or low, not both. I'm eager to try something new, and I think it's time for a 4th order. Looking to kill me some lows, loudness would be nice too. 2 Alpine type R 12's and unknown power as of yet. If I can get my MTX fixed, that'll be 1500rms power, if not, I have a KX800.4 that will hopefully give me 1000rms once it gets repaired. Im thinking 2-3 cubes sealed, 1.5 ported, tuned to 45hz. How much port area should I be using and are these decent box ideas? Thanks for the advice.

Too many projects, too little time...

Looking for advice here guys. I got a different design elsewhere but I ran the parameters through WinISD and the ported dims through Torres' and nothing lined up frequency-wise or even in regards to port length and tuning. Am I looking at this wrong?

Too many projects, too little time...

how much space do you have to play with? i used to always build 4th orders. for music you dont need that much port. i used to build them old school time when there were no online help just through trial and error.

music came out nice when build rear chamber at double optimum sealed and front (ported) side at half the rear. for a 12" a 4" round port is plenty.

Archived