Wanting to build decent spl sq system help

Pimpalero2003

Prolly only going to budget at 500 for subs and amp.

Been looking at the 15" re sx

Quantum audio 15s

What do you guys think? Or what would you suggest for subs and amp.

Have a 2000 regal gs for this pretty big trunk. Would run 1 re or 2 of the quantums. Want something that sounds great and also when I want do some deep hard bass in maybe 140db range.

Eclipse 3100 hu

Mtx 7500 15"

Pa 6.5 components

Knu concepts 4g wire

Big 3 with 4g and hyper ground

Rf 500-1bd

with all trading and selling stuff total cost $40 :)

And will be doing the big 3 upgrade and and second battery. Is it ok to have 2nd battery under the hood? Have a big spot where stock air box is. Also will be foaming the open parts in the car where possible trick was taught long time ago and then second skin the car!

Eclipse 3100 hu

Mtx 7500 15"

Pa 6.5 components

Knu concepts 4g wire

Rf 500-1bd

Thought re was (from what I heard) kinda best in both worlds. Don't need best sq but be nice to have some nice clean bass. Though about going really cheap and doing some lanzar max's. Lol bought a set of 10s like 5 years ago they were cheap and going to be temporary, but put them in my girls car and been there ever since they actually don't sound that bad especially in prefab box. With crap db tester I have like 121.5 on center dash. Thinking of crescendo for componets also saw a set of 2 quantum for like 120. But really haven't heard much from them.

Eclipse 3100 hu

Mtx 7500 15"

Pa 6.5 components

Knu concepts 4g wire

Rf 500-1bd

re wont get you sq it'll get your poop sound

where the hell did you hear that? the RE SX is one of my favorite woofers. sounds great and they get pretty loud. 140db should be easy with an SX 15" on 1000w. i absolutely recommend the SX. though i would try to get the old style.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im not trying to be a dick here but... well, dont give advice on things you dont know. you never heard the SX, you dont know how they sound. the SX sounds great. i dont know anyone that has owned that sub who says they sound bad.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

never once did i say i've never heard one lmao i have didnt like it

If you heard it in person then James' opinion doesnt matter.

OP unless you buy those SX used then I dont think you will have enough money to get 2 of them AND an amp to power them for 500, not to mention the wiring and stuff (unless you already have it).

You can always try a single kickass 15 in a good box and not break the bank as much.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

With the re would only be 1 15" with the quantums it'd be 2 15s yes have wiring but will prolly buy bigger. Have 2g now. But just saying 500 for sub or subs and an amp let me find the listing for the quantums they have a thing 2 15s and amp. Don't know any dealers locally that sell them so buying online.

Eclipse 3100 hu

Mtx 7500 15"

Pa 6.5 components

Knu concepts 4g wire

Rf 500-1bd

Archived