wiring 100 drivers

I'm sure you know this, but you'll need either a ton of less powerful mids or a few really powerful ones. Do I see 8" level 2s for mids? Nah, you'll need friggen level 4s to compensate all those tweets..haha

Haha like i just said, im thinking either 2 or 4 10" mids like trippi used on each side in the back.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Just in a simpler view, the subs fluctuate in resistance due to like above, how the woofer is made and the enclosure can effect rise as well. When you wire say a dual 2 ohm sub in parallel down to 1 ohm and put that to your amp.

Your amp when everything is turned off and still etc. your amp will see that 1 ohm load. this is called nominal load ie:. when nothing is playing etc, just wired up.

When your music is playing the sub moves, and the actual impedence moves too its not 1 ohm like before, its changing every second. the easiest way to see this is to just plug your sub to a dmm and is read 4ohm or 2ohm or w.e and gently push on the sub moving it and you will see that your dmm will now show different readings..

Why to consider rise:Well for the everyday bump in your trunk, it doesnt matter, but for serious/ competition ppl it matters.

Amps are rated for certain power at certain ohm loads. ie:. 1000w @ 1ohm. So when your wire your amp up at 1ohm and check the impedence at a certain frequency , it will likely come out to be more than 1ohm maybe less, b/c like above impedence changes.

People in comps trying to burp the loudest score take rise into account.. will wire thier amps up nominal to like .5ohm, .25ohm something low and when they burp, rise will bring their impedence up to 1 ohm for instance, so their amps can put out max power. because say a 10kw amp wired at 1ohm nominal will see higher than 1 ohm during the burp and put out less than 10kw so thier trying to get the most out of thier amps for that 3-5 sec burp.

Many amps are not really made to be wired soo low and you could fry the amp so unless you know what your doing just stay with what its rated at. also rise doesnt really matter for music as the impedence always changes and while you might see a little more power on music, competeors look to see a significant amount of extra power at a certain frequency.

Also figuring out what your amp is seeing impendence wise, what is putting out power wise, what your rise actually is, is called a clamp test, youll need a dmm , and a clamp meter, a guide can be found in the amp section iirc.

Geez sorry for the long post, im lost and dont even remember what i said really, if im wrong please correct me, maybe i missed something or mixed something up, but thats basically it.

P4

edit: what impendence the amp sees while playing is called reactive.

And whether amp companies rate their amps power @ 1ohm for example, is based on a nominal load, or reactive load i have no idea

Honestly thank you for posting this. Some people have been trying to explain it and i never really understood it. Now that i understand it i understand why Boon flipped shit about it because i really don't have to worry about it. Thanks again for posting! :drinks:

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Why higher than 4? A tweeter isn't going to fluctuate anything that an amp will ever notice... I think there are other factors that would be more concerning here... popcorn.gif

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

haha, i wanna see 100 of these things in something wanging

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=297-411

or these things

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-249

dunno how cone area would work but 100 tweets is gone suck to the ears, and most tweets dont have a ohm load by them selves, the resistor/cap makes it have an ohm load, or so does mine anyways

but ied try to run it with a fullrange/tweet to help blend it more but thats just me

and this must be some tweets out of that 200tweet for $10 deal from parts-express lol :pardon:

good luck tho bro, i dont think fullrange speakers ohm load hurts a amp more than a sub cause most sub amps are driven harder than a fullrange amp tho, like some people run a 2ohm stable 2ch amp at 1ohm each channel or .5ohm and it still work and get loud

i unno, but good shit tho :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i have one thing to say. tweeters play around 3000hz and up, right?

"The voiced speech of a typical adult male will have a fundamental frequency from 85 to 180 Hz, and that of a typical adult female from 165 to 255 Hz"

and i havnt seen anything that says a singing voice gets above 3000hz. so why use so many tweeters? they are only for very high frequencies that will do nothing but hurt your ears. i predict that you wont want to ride around in this car once its done.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i have one thing to say. tweeters play around 3000hz and up, right?

"The voiced speech of a typical adult male will have a fundamental frequency from 85 to 180 Hz, and that of a typical adult female from 165 to 255 Hz"

and i havnt seen anything that says a singing voice gets above 3000hz. so why use so many tweeters? they are only for very high frequencies that will do nothing but hurt your ears. i predict that you wont want to ride around in this car once its done.

Its been said before, im looking for a wow factor.

And its not very hard to put a switch under the dash to cut power to the remote going to the amp powering them.

I also want to piss off all my teachers when im in the parking lot of my school, IF i can get it done before the end of the school year.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Lol i gotta agree with some people on here. 100 tweeters is like death man. Itd be cool to see but idk so much about hearing. Are you doing any mids?

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Its been said before, im looking for a wow factor.

And its not very hard to put a switch under the dash to cut power to the remote going to the amp powering them.

I also want to piss off all my teachers when im in the parking lot of my school, IF i can get it done before the end of the school year.

A wow factor from what? other 16 year olds? Why don't you try doing something a little bit more challenging like achieve good sound at higher levels and make the installation look...pleasant. I am sure my 9 year old could pull the tweeter installation off including the switch. (yes he comes to work with me and I teach him)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Lol i gotta agree with some people on here. 100 tweeters is like death man. Itd be cool to see but idk so much about hearing. Are you doing any mids?

Haha yes nate, and ill say it again for you. Im gonna do either 2 or 4 tens in each back panel for midbass.

A wow factor from what? other 16 year olds? Why don't you try doing something a little bit more challenging like achieve good sound at higher levels and make the installation look...pleasant. I am sure my 9 year old could pull the tweeter installation off including the switch. (yes he comes to work with me and I teach him)

Are you honestly trying to say this wouldn't be challenging ? And comparing my intelligence to a 9 year old? Let the record show that this is the first time i have ever said anything rude on this site...

To the person who uses the screen name of "North Olmsted Performance", go fuck yourself.

A lot of respectable people are interested in this idea, if you don't believe me then just look at this thread. You cannot tell me if you saw 200 speakers in a 2 door owned by a 17 year old kid you would just walk by.

I set goals of what i want on/in my car and i am trying to achieve them and who are you to tell me i should do anything different?

Congratulations that you and your 9 year old have a healthy relationship, i honest to God hope you both prosper and get far in life and set and achieve all your goals. But as for your rudeness and disrespect, it has no place here and please take it elsewhere because i just don't want to hear it.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Are you honestly trying to say this wouldn't be challenging ? And comparing my intelligence to a 9 year old? Let the record show that this is the first time i have ever said anything rude on this site...

To the person who uses the screen name of "North Olmsted Performance", go fuck yourself.

A lot of respectable people are interested in this idea, if you don't believe me then just look at this thread. You cannot tell me if you saw 200 speakers in a 2 door owned by a 17 year old kid you would just walk by.

I set goals of what i want on/in my car and i am trying to achieve them and who are you to tell me i should do anything different?

Congratulations that you and your 9 year old have a healthy relationship, i honest to God hope you both prosper and get far in life and set and achieve all your goals. But as for your rudeness and disrespect, it has no place here and please take it elsewhere because i just don't want to hear it.

Word. :clapping::werd_msword:

Should be kick-ass can't wait to see a build log!

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

Archived