Sonic Electronix

Is your box volume 1.7 before or after sub displacement of .19? I used two 3" flared aeros for mine. I have a tad extra port area then normal I think though but if you haven't built the box yet it may be easier to do a slot port to get the tuning you want. Its just kind of hard to get the box deep enough to use the right port unless you can use an external aero port..

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

its 1.7 before the sub was put in so im not sure the exact volume now. its a prefab box with a tall rectangle port thats maybe an inch wide, on tones of bass that seem to be really low the sub just throws out air biskets without making alot of noise at all but tons of air comes out the port but it seems not enough air can pass through for it to sound right. So i wana block the slot port and put aero ones in. I have no clue on tuning a box so any help is really appreciated.

If he can build sealed boxes then he could build you a slot port. But if you wanted aeros then yeah, just get him to make a box, then you cut the holes.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Alright what size box should i have him build tomarow and what size ports should i order. I wanted to have a box built by a sub shop but when i told them it was a dc sub they started ripping on me saying it was a cheap ebay sub, they didnt know rob dyrdek was making subs now, and that my only problem was that i needed a new sub. Their pretty big too i beleive there called Sub Zero Sounds in MN.

Alright what size box should i have him build tomorrow and what size ports should i order. I wanted to have a box built by a sub shop but when i told them it was a dc sub they started ripping on me saying it was a cheap ebay sub, they didn't know rob dyrdek was making subs now, and that my only problem was that i needed a new sub. Their pretty big too i believe there called Sub Zero Sounds in MN.

Call me retarded but uh....I don't think Rob Dyrdek has anything to do with DC Sound Labs?

And to the OP, I'd PM and ask Rob (Thorshammer) the best ported enclosure size for the XL 12. The website states 6cf for a Level 5 18, but he told me to shoot for 5.5 after all displacement.

Once you do that, you know what size to aim for using the Torres calculator, then just get the woofer displacement, (which I believe someone stated was .19cf), then bracing displacement, (Just as a random fyi, a single 12' 2x3 is .5cf, that ought to fit most bracing needs) figure out what thickness to do all around, figure out your baffle thickness (Are you gonna double up? I would) then work out a slot port, and if that doesn't work out the way you need it to, use aeros. (In most cases will take up less box volume)

EDIT!: Ok now I got myself thinking. DC Sound Labs and DC Shoes/clothing/etc are NOT the same company are they?

Edited by Dub7Banger

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD