Sonic Electronix

alpine type r 1223d at 1ohm 1200rms

my old man got me a type r 1223d for my birthday and the rms range is 600/1800 peak.

my amplifier is an audiobahn which produces 1200 watts at 1ohm.

its well over the rms of the subwoofer. is it going to tear it up?

Drayton

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I had my type r running at 900 rms all the time, they did pretty well would get smelly after hitting lows for a while at a time though

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I had my type r running at 900 rms all the time, they did pretty well would get smelly after hitting lows for a while at a time though

okay. i was thinking id just keep the gain down on my amp. i just dont want the sub to bottom out and tear itself apart. i was planning on getting a 15 dcsoundlab level 3 and run it at 2 ohms. but my dad suprised me with this. so. i figuered. you cant beat free

do you know what kind of numbers you were getting? or did you not have it tested.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Should be like low 30's or high 20's I think..

its going in the cab of my f150 (extended cab)

even with that much airspace itll still do that? im getting a buddy of mine to build me a ported box. idk how he plans on making it, but he does it for a living.

Well its not always on the woofer.. its how its built. I would say low 30's... Look around and see what other Alpine Type-R are making.. But then your best thing is just to build it up and TL it.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Why don't you just run it at 2 ohms instead of 1?

I don't believe that.. I had a 12" Type R getting 800rms of un-clipped power and the coil burnt up after a month.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.