Sonic Electronix

what is a really good 2.5 3 3.5 inch speaker

ok now does anyone know how to make a speaker holder thing ( dont know what they are called lol ) i know how to make the frame with the front mounting rings and the little wood legs for fitting but what do i use to cover it to make it a closed speaker enclosure ?? i see people use this cloth stuff then some rosin ... what is that stuff ?

Fiberglass....if you have 3.5's stock leave them in the stock location.

Fiberglass....if you have 3.5's stock leave them in the stock location.

i do not have a stock location i will be making a baffle at the bottom of the A-pillar for one i want to learn this stuff and want to learn how to make these cotom baffles i see on doors and such so i thought i would start small and also i have all low ish speakers and 2 tweeters so i think the 3 inch will do good for the whats left ... mainly i want to learn how to do that and i will start small.

i do not have a stock location i will be making a baffle at the bottom of the A-pillar for one i want to learn this stuff and want to learn how to make these cotom baffles i see on doors and such so i thought i would start small and also i have all low ish speakers and 2 tweeters so i think the 3 inch will do good for the whats left ... mainly i want to learn how to do that and i will start small.

let me tell you it is not easy....for pods you going to need a quart of resin(with hardener) and then the packet of mat, body filler sandpaper and paint.....just out of top of my head.....you have to take your pod out then tape it up then put the way you want it.... and make the rings and all that bs and then glass...pretty hard but not impossible.

let me tell you it is not easy....for pods you going to need a quart of resin(with hardener) and then the packet of mat, body filler sandpaper and paint.....just out of top of my head.....you have to take your pod out then tape it up then put the way you want it.... and make the rings and all that bs and then glass...pretty hard but not impossible.

where can one acquire this stuff ? and that why i wana do it to learn :-) cant learn unless trial by fire

where can one acquire this stuff ? and that why i wana do it to learn :-) cant learn unless trial by fire

I would suggest practicing on an old kick panel from a junk yard first. You can get everything you need to do it at a local auto parts store. Dont use the thick fiberglass mat it is way to hard to work with. Get the thin fiberglass cloth that is flexible. I have seen people use a thick fleece type material instead of fiberglass as well. Make a frame, cover it with the mat, tack it in place and resin the crap out of it. Follow up with bondo and primer then paint it. Sounds easier than it really is.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg