Sundown Audio

Another Amp Question

07mazda3s

Lately I have been thinking about picking up the BOSS GT2500D. It's fuse rating is 75amps. My current Sony amp's fuse rating is 80 amps. My question is, the GT2500D says it produces [email protected] know it doesn't, but the RMS of my sub is only 800. If I was to get that amp and set my gains properly for my sub wired @ 2 ohms, compared to what I have now (1 4ohm VC on each channel of my amp.."400wrms claims sony"), would the current draw still be less than my old amp? I know everyone is going to bash me for wanting a cheap amp, but its only about $200 shipped and I won't have to push it hard to do what I need it for.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

MY T1000.1 has a fuse rating of 150 and it puts out 1562 watts at 1ohm.so i think they are

overrating that amp.you should be allright.

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

MY T1000.1 has a fuse rating of 150 and it puts out 1562 watts at 1ohm.so i think they are

overrating that amp.you should be allright.

I would be happy if I got a clean 800wrms out of it @ 2ohms, but what I'm asking is, would an amp with a 75amp fuse rating making ~800wrms@2ohms pull more current than an amp with an 80amp fuse rating making ~400wrms@4ohms?

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Archived