how to do it with a stock headunit

fuck for the price that i should just got a cheapo jvc headunit and just wire it up to power the amp and sub for burps

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the factory integration anyways?

you'd still have to do the line out converter to get from the stock radio to the amp.

There must be a nice h/u out there that can integrate with the six cd changer

or you could by her a nice iPod. lol jk.

unless I'm slow and reading this wrong. :pardon:

Edited by Rolladoedoe

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Ok well the cheapest way to intergrate a system without a aftermarket h/u is a line output converter, simple to install you can put it behind the factory radio or if you can access any off the speaker wires tap in there. You need a 2channel for just a sub amp,it just taps into the audio out from the radio, they usually have 4 wires two positive and two negative, so buy one and look up the vehicles wiring diagram if you don't already know which wires are pos and neg for each speaker, just tap into one speaker. If you have a bestbuy close to you then go there website and do a search for line output converter. Then go to the store with the sku number or item information. They are usually like 15 to 30 dollars. Or go to a car audio shop. And ask for a line out converter. Good luck you will need an amp kit and rcas. Also if your factory stereo system has a factory upgraded system such as bose or jbl or infinity it does make a difference when installing a loc. Let us know if ya need anything else

"NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS"

this just all the sudden became more work then i wanted ill do the rundown

Car 2004 or 2005 focus not sure what she has.

headunit stock

door speakers stock (front and rear)

Sub dclvl2 8" going to be in a burp box all its ment for is competing once it arrives

sub amp im still trying to decide looks like a memphis 500.1 older style since i cant find a kicker 400.1 or 500.1 in the 08 zx models

i have 4g wiring kit and RCA's my whole thing is how i wire this converter up ill use this one for example converter

so as we see in the first pic the left side has RCA's so i run a standard set up RCA's from that to the amp or from the headunit to the amp? then i see that it has a rem output rem start bat+ bat- then RR+/RR- LR+/LR- speaker input all i wana do is put it to the sub amp so would i take the RR+ and the LR- and do it that way or what ?

That will work but that is kinda pricey for one, I would just get a basic one that does not have the remote wire hookup option, just speaker wires its cheaper and easier if you aren't used to hooking them up, then you connect the speaker wires like you said and then just run a remote wire to a ignition fuse or radio acc.

"NOT AT THE TABLE CARLOS"

dude... its very simple. the speaker wires on the LOC is the input. the purple and green wires are + and - wires that need to be connected to the HU's speaker outputs. the power and ground are obvious. then you need to hook up the remote wire to turn the thing on and off. if uses the rear speakers because no one wants to disconnect the front speakers for subs right? so you take away the rear speakers.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

can you post an easy one then lol i guess i dont under stand the point of having to wire up the Rear speakers for it

The musical signal going to the amp has to come from somewhere.. And since the amp only accepts RCA, and your headunit only has basic speaker wires, you need to convert the signal into a usable format for the amplifier. Kinda get what I mean?

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

its simple, if you still havnt bought an amp, buy one with high level inputs on it; no need for a high to low level converter. If its a car what i usually do is CAREFULLY solder some speaker wire to where the tinsels are soldered to the factory harness on the speakers in the back deck, this way there is no splicing of the factory harness. run a remote wire to the fusebox (usually acc) wire the amp up and your done

Edited by Chris from Mi

Orion 2500D, Jbl Gto 75.4

Team Wolfpack Audio FSQ 15" d2, mb quart xover, tweets peerless 6.5 mids

Alpine cda-105

optima up front Knu klm 1/0

Considering its a sedan, you can probly find speaker wires under the rear deck where the physical speakers are held. Just run it off those wires to a hi level input (as chris said) or buy a LOC and do it that way. Probly take you just as long as installing a HU in the rear

Edited by dugee81

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm