Second Skin Audio

type r at 32 Hz.. lower or higher??

D-train-13k

im using an alpine type r and building a box to put in my cab of my truck.

the sub and port are facing down but to elevate the box i was just increasing the length of the side to raise the whole box about 6 in off the floor. it runs flush with a part of the truck where the seat is. (difficult to explain so bear with me)

my first question is if the box with out the increased length of one side going to the ground is 16 in long with the port being 14 in. the extened part going to the ground makes it 22 in on the outside. (which is the side of the port wall) does the increase lengthen the port or does it not affect it.

if it does increase the length it comes out to be about 32.12 Hz.

should i go up or down to 30 Hz. my buddy says about 35 Hz should be good. but i just wanted some other opinions. thanks guys. if you need anything else answered let me know. i know the stuff isnt very clear but i couldnt figure out how else to explain it

thanks guys.

Drayton

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

i did tons of research and asked the same questions when designing my enclosure. most came up with 34hz. and mine are going strong at 34 and get pretty low :drinks:

2.3 cubes per sub, 30 sq. inches of port per sub, tuned to 34hz, running around 850 rms per sub....wouldn't change a thing personally

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Archived