Second Skin Audio

Think I Blew A Sub :angry:

Well I was going down the road not really pushing them and then I hear something scratchy coming from the back. So I go and look, the look fine, I touch one of them then the other, first one was cool, second one was burning up!!! So I pulled it out and took my volt/ohm meter and checked the ohms, 5.0~4.8 ohms on a 4 ohm sub. Also when I turn the sub upside down I hear something like a slinky from the sub. I wondered why only one was doing it so I checked all my wiring and found a screw stuck through one of the wires under a trim panel. :mad: I can't figure out why the amp didn't go into protect when the wires crossed :huh: ! Guess its time to upgrade!

Well I was going down the road not really pushing them and then I hear something scratchy coming from the back. So I go and look, the look fine, I touch one of them then the other, first one was cool, second one was burning up!!! So I pulled it out and took my volt/ohm meter and checked the ohms, 5.0~4.8 ohms on a 4 ohm sub. Also when I turn the sub upside down I hear something like a slinky from the sub. I wondered why only one was doing it so I checked all my wiring and found a screw stuck through one of the wires under a trim panel. :mad: I can't figure out why the amp didn't go into protect when the wires crossed :huh: ! Guess its time to upgrade!

Sorry to hear about that. It sounds like you have the same philosophy I have. If something breaks, replace with a better one. Good luck. Check the for sale section here. There is a lot of good stuff and no one ever seems to buy much. (not hinting that you should buy my stuff, just a general recomendation).

BJJ20logo20resize.png

Well if I bought your 15s I would need a new amp. If I bought a pair of 12s I would only be giving half the power needed. It would be a big difference going from 2 fully powered 12s to 2 half powered 12s or one fully powered 12. Maybe you could cut me a deal on a pair of 12s so I have enough money left to get a new amp??

sort of the same thing happened to me went back home checked the coils, one was good the other was not so good. so I bought 2 15" Treo CSX and 2 Ultimate T3-1000D's, hooked up the T2 to one of the ultimates and now its getting 1800 RMS @ 4 ohms playing at full blast, time to see how long the T2 can hold up :D

Archived