Sundown Audio

Faq: Reasons For Not Installing Anything Underneath The Seats.

Guest MegaloManiac

Guest MegaloManiac
Reasons for not installing anything underneath the seats.

• There is no place to properly ground anything underneath the seat. Most people would try and use the seat bracket bolts. These are not good grounding points for a few reasons.
    - Usually these bolts are covered in grease, grit, or grime, thus making the ground a bad ground.
    - These same bolts are usually covered in paint, as is the threaded part that the bolt goes into.
    - Those mounting points usually have carpet underneath them, meaning that the ground is not solid.
  • That dirt, grit, and grime got there somehow. That same dirt, grit, and grime will get in whatever piece of electronic equipment you put underneath the seat.
  • Cokes, fries, onions, chili cheese dogs, cheetos, twizlers, etc. all end up under the seats. Do you really want that right next to your expensive electronic equipment?
  • If passengers can see it, they will mess with it. I know that we all like to think we can trust our friends. The fact of the matter is that people are curious. If they see a bunch of wires sticking out they will play with them. Not only will you risk having your passengers pulling things apart, you also risk them shocking themselves. Though you might think “Good, they deserve it then”, you can still be held liable. Sucks, but that’s the truth.
  • Even if you ask people to watch their feet, it’s like a magnet. Their feet will find their way under the seat. In doing, so they will break wires, break solders on boards, and introduce all kinds of foreign objects from their shoes that you don’t want around electronics.
  • The seat moves, you can try all you can think of, but it moves. There are things beneath the seat that will catch wires and pull them out. Moving pieces are never a good thing to mount next to or around unless you have the proper materials, and 9 times out of 10, you won't.
  • Do you really hate your equipment that much that you want to fart on it?! I'd sure hope not!

This is a general standard that many of the car audio shops follow. These are the reasons for that.

It's not a suggested practice.

I saw this on mp3car that jan posted. Just a few thoughts you should consider before installing anything under your seats.

very good!! i love it!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I don't know. With larger vehicles and smaller amps you really can fit them under the seat without people even knowing they're there. And there comes a point when you run out of places to put things.. I think if you keep things zipped tight and screwed down where people can't see them they're pretty safe.

as long as nothing is sticking up to get caught on moving seats I still say it's safe.

I like the idea of that better than screwing to the back of a sub, or putting in plain view to be seen and stolen ;)

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Guest MegaloManiac

you guys are overlooking the point of food gets dropped, drinks spill, and it gets grimey. If you are worried about theives then i suggest you secure your amps using security screws.

bad grounding points too. even if people cant see the amp under the seat they can still kick it and whatnot. most people when they sit in the backseat have there feet partly under the seat. also moving seat is a problem. i rather be safe than sorry.

and do you fart on all of your equipment?

Edited by MegaloManiac