Second Skin Audio

Resin 45's Question and Port Question

jojo42

I'm about to build a box for two BTL 18's, 12.5 cubes after current displacement, 34"x38"x30". Box is inch and half mdf all the way around. My question is, if I resin'd the 45's in the box, about how much more displacement would that add? Also my port I want to put into it is 6"x25"x27" at 33.5 htz, 210 sq inchs of port, 17.5 sq inchs of port area, does this sound good? or should I change things up a little? Thanks for the input ahead of time.

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

well... no, we cant tell you what they will displace. your using a liquid and itll be dependent upon how much resin you put in. do the math on the surface area of the triangle you made then multiply it by the length. divide that by 1782 (one cube) then you have displacement in cubic feet.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well... no, we cant tell you what they will displace. your using a liquid and itll be dependent upon how much resin you put in. do the math on the surface area of the triangle you made then multiply it by the length. divide that by 1782 (one cube) then you have displacement in cubic feet.

You mean 1728...And like said above, it depends on how much you use.

eh, whatever lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived