OkanaganDCaudio Posted November 15, 2010 Author Report Posted November 15, 2010 Yeah I am taking trunk measurements today & getting all that sorted to get a final choice on what woofer size we will be going with, Stay tunned !
OkanaganDCaudio Posted November 16, 2010 Author Report Posted November 16, 2010 I have heard RE audio box calculator sucks & doesnt give out the right measurements, Somebody is telling me that it is 15.09 cubic feet without port, With the first set of measurements with the batterys against the back seats.If somebody could clear this up that would be awsome ! Im looking to also tune this box to 29hz i have decided on, So if anybody wants to help design me a port that is at the bottom facing the hatch i would appreciate it !Peace guys & thanks in advance
SoCaLBaMF Posted November 16, 2010 Report Posted November 16, 2010 Haha a little bit of advice. I have two 18s in a 2000 Blazer which is exactly like a Jimmy, and Ill tell you I used every bit of space I could to fit them in, even going over the wheel wells. Making a squareish box for 2 18s firing up, you will have to cut your holes almost perfectly. (Trust me, I had to scrap a box because of that...) If I were you, make the box going over the wheel wells if possible, it will save you lots of trouble. If not go with the 15s since space is almost non existing for 18s in a vehicle like this at least while keeping your backseats in.... check out my build if you want to see how I created my box. Good luck! 2004 Bagged Trailblazer (4)18" Sundown Nsv3s (4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4 (2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500
lukaQ Posted November 17, 2010 Report Posted November 17, 2010 Re calculator is right, you can always do it the hard way with math Got carbon fiber dust cap???
OkanaganDCaudio Posted November 18, 2010 Author Report Posted November 18, 2010 38'' Wide 36.5'' long 24'' tall Torres box calculator Those are the measured dimensions i am able to fit. With 2 1 inch baffles, The sub displacement for 2 lvl 5 18''s & wood thickness taken into account i still am over 2 cubic feet over what they require. If somebody wants to help me design a port then we can figure out the final net volume of this enclosure, Witch i am sure will be more than enough room for internal bracing witch wont subtract too much from the overall air-flow. I belive i will be ok to fit it in, I am unsure why you would have such a hard time for space maybe your vehicle is not as wide or the storage area of the vehicle might not be as large as that of a 2001 SLE jimmy. I am looking to tune the port to 29hz, I would like it to be at the bottom of the enclosure facing the hatch. A regular L port not circular ports or anything. If somebody wants to help me come up with a port for this enclosure i would greatly appreciate it ! Thanks for showing me torres box calculator guy it is much better program to use.
matt402 Posted November 23, 2010 Report Posted November 23, 2010 i think id go with the 2 15s also...
OkanaganDCaudio Posted November 23, 2010 Author Report Posted November 23, 2010 Hey guys, Wish i had a better update for you all but i havent even recived a tracking # for my alt's / bracket yet from mechman and it has almost been 1 month. I am starting to wonder what is going on and if i should file a resolution with paypal before it is too late. If somebody could maybe help me get this sorted out before the 45 days expire for me to file a resolution with paypal i would greatly appreciate it. I only want to recive my products that i paid for.
EricR Posted November 23, 2010 Report Posted November 23, 2010 This thread needs more pics i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?
OkanaganDCaudio Posted December 1, 2010 Author Report Posted December 1, 2010 First off, I would like to let everybody know before hand that Mechman & myself have patched up our differances & everything has ben sorted out. Stay tunned for a review of his products, I recived the bracket today it looks great. Alternators are scheduled for tomarow delivery. Here is a nice little in-between video
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.