Sonic Electronix

Did you adjust the crossover settings on the amp so that they don't affect the HUs crossover? Because you are using the HU instead.

This may be slightly dodgy, but what if you put the gain at max and then start off with the volume right down and roll up until you hit 5x.xx volts or whatever it was you had.

I did....I set the crossover on the amp as high as it would go. I also bypassed the HU and just used the amps crossover, still no difference.

I can try that.

I'm starting to think that the subs need more power b/c if I turn the volume up just another few levels they start sounding like they should. Like I said, I'm unsure of the exact power I have other than what other peoples T1500 puts out. So I've just playing it safe so I don't clip them but I still think they should sound better and move much more that the video I posted.

• 4 weeks later...

You don't want the crossover on the amplifier "as high as it can go."

And those amplifiers are known to put out over 2,000rms is some cases. People have put up 150's on that power. It should be plenty... :/

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Would it hurt to turn the gain up higher than what it should be at? If I turn it up higher it sounds like it should. How can you tell if a sub is clipping without an o-scope?

Find that image on here with what voltage you want for the wattage and ohm load you are using, then hook up a DMM to the amp output and aim for that voltage.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

You don't want the crossover on the amplifier "as high as it can go."

And those amplifiers are known to put out over 2,000rms is some cases. People have put up 150's on that power. It should be plenty... :/

He is using the HU crossover, if that is set right, he shouldn't need the amp crossover.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

Find that image on here with what voltage you want for the wattage and ohm load you are using, then hook up a DMM to the amp output and aim for that voltage.

I did do that but there isn't much bass, hence the start of this thread. If I turn the gain up higher it sounds like it should. I don't know if I should call Rockford and see what they have to say. Maybe something is wrong with the amp??

I did do that but there isn't much bass, hence the start of this thread. If I turn the gain up higher it sounds like it should. I don't know if I should call Rockford and see what they have to say. Maybe something is wrong with the amp??

Hmm, what ohmage are you wired to? i don't think there will be anything wrong with the amp.

That is correct. I have the crossover set at 50 on the HU.

Maybe a little on the low side, but it shouldn't affect it.

It's at 2 Ohms. Do you think 60 would be better? Granted the bass will still not be there if I increase i5.

Did you say that you did check your h/u and see that your sub pre out were on? I had a similar issue with my sub, it was like freakishly quiet with plenty of power, and I had left my sub setting on my hu OFF. LoL oops.

2010 Scion TC

HU: Factory Pioneer Scion Edition

Wire: Knukonceptz 4G from batt back 12G Speaker

Amp: AudioPipe ap15001d

Sub: DC Audio LVL4 12"

Mids/Highs: TO BE DETERMINED.

Yeah Im a rookie DONT HATE.

Archived