Quick Big 3 Question

Ok, I'm only running 500rms but I'm getting headlight dimming a bit of voltage/RPM fluctuation...shop installed the system so maybe the ground from the amp?

My issue is that my battery is under my rear seat, wanted to at least do the Battery Neg to the chassis and was wondering if this bolt (arrow pointing to it) would be suitable? If not IDK where

xf1bhj.jpg

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Should be fine, Just clean up the contact points, And add to the wire or you can replace it.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

Thanks, gonna grab some 1/0 when I go to the audio shop on Monday. Like 3-4 screws are missing that hold in my right sub :(

2015 Mazda 6

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

did you run your other 2 of the big 3 through the car or underneath?

i have an aurora that has same battery placement as a cadillac

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D

Haven't done anything because the battery is there, I made another thread in this section a few days ago asking if there were any good batteries that I can use that are vented.

The connection between the alt and battery can't happen, I believe the connection needs to be relatively short to not cause a fire, so Big 3 can't happen. This one can happen and will hopefully give a little bit of improvement. The other one is engine block to battery neg which would just be too much work for me.

2015 Mazda 6

You can do BIG THREE you need to just make sure your fused right after the alternator and right before the battery under the seat. It would be just like installing a second battery in a standard front mounted battery car. You can do the ground from the alternator chassis to the frame under the hood no problem.

2007 Scion Tc- T1500.1bdcp & t600.4, Three P3D212's Ported at 40hz, T2 6.5" Components, Rockford Marine 8" coax's. Kinetik khc1400 in back, Kicker 0 gauge

1999 Cherokee- Rockford Prime Amps 300.4 & 500.1,Big 3, Rockford 6.5"Comp.s and 6.5" 2ways, 2 12" P2's Ported basic winter beater

2002 Mustang Convt.-T1500.1bd & 400.4, 3 P3D210's IB, JBL components all the way around,Rockford 4 gauge, Big 3, Kinetik khc800 in back

That's hella work and where is your alt located? I have a 99, and I forget what year it started but up til 2000 (IIRC) Caddy's use liquid cooled alts, mine is at the side of the engine and I can't even see it...way too much work for the Big 3 considering I got 146xxx miles on this thing lol

I either have a neg or positive post under my hood for jumping, I always forget which it is, that couldn't be used could it?

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

check sig

u got a cs144 just like mine it will work trust me

just long wire runs but better voltage drop control

the cable post under the hood is the positive jumping post

1998 Monte Carlo Z34

Stock HU but have replacement

Stock Highs

Stock Electrical

BTL 18 sitting naked

AP1500D