Sundown Audio

Need Amp For Audioque2.5 12"

bassboobs

lol, i only have one now and ittl stay that ay for a while soo im guesing ill get a t1000 any body got one up for grabs??

Car: Buick LeSabre

Subwoofer: Wtb:15 cheap sub get at me.

Amplifier: Bxi2006d

H/U: Pioneer 4800

Wiring: 1/0 blue kicker

Batt: nsb100ft

lol, i only have one now and ittl stay that ay for a while soo im guesing ill get a t1000 any body got one up for grabs??

and its dual 2 ohm but i thought id run it up to 4

you can sell me what cheaper

ive gotten a fosgate power 1000bd, ill sell you for WAYYYY cheaper trhen $420

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

and its dual 2 ohm but i thought id run it up to 4

If you have a dual 2 ohm sub, it would probably be benefitial to find an amp that performs best at 1 ohm mono. I am not saying that there aren't any amps that perform best at four ohm, but I cannot think of one. The only exception that I can think of would be something with a regulated power supply (like a JL audio slash series amp) that are specified to perform at peak as long as the impedance is in the range of 1.5 to 4 ohm and the voltage is somewhere between 10.5v and 14.5v. In that case, 4 ohm would be the preferred choice of operation. Once again, I am not saying that there aren't amps out there that will perform best at 4 ohm mono, I just don't know of any.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

If you have a dual 2 ohm sub, it would probably be benefitial to find an amp that performs best at 1 ohm mono. I am not saying that there aren't any amps that perform best at four ohm, but I cannot think of one. The only exception that I can think of would be something with a regulated power supply (like a JL audio slash series amp) that are specified to perform at peak as long as the impedance is in the range of 1.5 to 4 ohm and the voltage is somewhere between 10.5v and 14.5v. In that case, 4 ohm would be the preferred choice of operation. Once again, I am not saying that there aren't amps out there that will perform best at 4 ohm mono, I just don't know of any.

well remeber i got stock alt and batt so i need it to sound good nnow..

well remeber i got stock alt and batt so i need it to sound good nnow..

You should do fine on a stock battery and alternator. You might even be ok without a big 3 upgrade. My wife is running an Xtant 1001dx (rated at 1000 x 1 at 1 ohm) for her subs and an Xtant 302a on her mid and high range speakers. She is on the stock battery, alternator, and no cap. The only thing done to upgrade the electrical system is the Big 3.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

You should do fine on a stock battery and alternator. You might even be ok without a big 3 upgrade. My wife is running an Xtant 1001dx (rated at 1000 x 1 at 1 ohm) for her subs and an Xtant 302a on her mid and high range speakers. She is on the stock battery, alternator, and no cap. The only thing done to upgrade the electrical system is the Big 3.

well i will have stock speakers for now, and i have never heard of the big three, what dats?

well i will have stock speakers for now, and i have never heard of the big three, what dats?

This would be an upgrade to the main three electrical connection points on your stock vehicle.

I am sure that there is a thread on here, but here is one that I know of.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_...=73496&PN=1

BJJ20logo20resize.png