Sonic Electronix

Hey guys its been awhile since i've posted anything but thats because there was no need to because i was shacking everybody else's windows with my MOJO :) But now i have a problem....my amp blew. I had a American Bass 1800XD Mono amp. Im almost positive i fried the amps internal capacitors. Also that amp hasn't been manufactured in around 4-5 years so it could be just the age but now i need to figure out what would be the best amp to buy for this sub. now i know its a big boy and the RMS rating is like 2250 and the peak is like 5000. So i have turned to you guys like i always do with my audio questions if i need help. I have been looking at amps for like 2 weeks now and i've had companies around here telling me i should go with this or i should go with that. The problem is that i don't really like going off of what a company says because thy just like to say that their product is better than this one so they can get more sales and really don't give a shit about my system. WELL I DO! But i want your guys opinions i know your all running big shit even bigger than this but this is the biggest system i've had and i'm happy with that. i shake the fuck out of my windshield and everybody around me. Its almost stupid how loud the MOJO is. But tell me what you guys have found out with amps and what you think would be best for my setup. Thanks guys

2004 Audi A4 Ultrasport 3.0

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

What are you looking at for power? and how many subs and what coils?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

It seems like you are looking for a 1ohm load if thats the case go with the AudioQue 2200D....Great amp for the price...or even the Crescendo 3kWP if you wanna spend a little bit more

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

the aq2200d is a fantastic amp... the bass knob also has a clip light on it to help you protect your woofer

sundown also has some fantastic amps that are just as good if not better

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

the aq2200d is a fantastic amp... the bass knob also has a clip light on it to help you protect your woofer

sundown also has some fantastic amps that are just as good if not better

Its a 1 ohm sub with Quad Voice Coils.

I looked at the Sundown amps and you better be ready to spend the CASH!! haha

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

Yeah, you do need to spend the cash to get a Sundown, but nothing beats a real amp. I'd go with a Sundown 2000 or 2500. If you're on a budget, I'd look into an AQ 2200d or maybe even Power Acoustik BAMF 5500D if you're on a real budget. You just can't beat AQ for quality to price though, but I love me some Sundowns.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Thanks a lot "latruche" your input has helped. i talked to HORIZON Audio a store up in Canton, Ohio and they told me that the Quantum Audio 3000 D would be perfect for it. and its pretty much the same price as the AQ2200D. Have you ever had any experiences with Quantum Audio products? don't really want to drop 400 on a amp that no one has tested or has had bad luck haha. Tell me what you think.

BollerMaker-744 - where you located? lol but i got it in a 2007 Mazda Speed 3. Shakes the shit out of the whole car i gave a buddy of mine the chills because of how hard it slams. The MOJO is sitting in a 5 1/2 cu. ft. box (ported) needless to say it is F***ing retarded ass loud!

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO

Thats the question ive been wanting to get answered ever since i put power to the bitch. I haven't had a DB meter ip to it so idk. my buddy amazingly enough hit 139.8 db with 2 sony xplods and a Kenwood 1800 watt amp with was like 500 rms. went to a db drag and saw it for my own eyes so i know i aint blowin shit outta my ass but the MOJO makes those sonys sound like Duals haha so im hoping it would be something amazing. Where you work at or with what company?

JVC KW-AV60BT

Alpine MRV500

Polk Audio 10"

Keep Calm And Chive On

KCCO