Hey guys, new comer here. I just wanted to ask a few questions here. I've been in the predicament of choosing a new sub for my car, because I recently blew my Kicker L5, and I'm looking for quality this time around. I would go with a JL W7 12, but I just don't have that money. So, I think I have my mind set on a FI BL, because I'm leaning towards a 70/30 balance of SPL and SQ accordingly.

I already have a Kicker ZX1000.1 installed in my car. It was birthed at 1300 and some odd watts, so I believe I'm good with RMS. It is 2 ohm stable. I'm for sure going fully loaded, and this sub will be for my daily driver, a 01 Mercury Cougar. If I get this sub, I will go to one of my local car audio stores and let them build me a custom box.

I e-mailed FI not too long ago, asking if I would be okay running this setup, and this is what they said.

That amp would be fine on a BL.

However you need to pick up an adjustable subsonic filter to put in line with it or you are going to run into mechanical failure issues with the sub from playing under tuning.

My amp already has a subsonic filter installed.... My amp is (I believe) an '08. So, I should be fine, correct? If not, where could I get one of these for a decent price? If this setup won't work out, do you guys have any other recommendations for subs? I want to keep this amp for a while because it still runs like a champ. Thanks in advance guys.

Dyllan

'05 Dodge Ram 1500

5.7L HEMI

Flowmaster 10 Series SI/DO

Audio-

Kenwood KDC-X994

Hertz Dieci 6x9 up front

Hertz Dieci 6.5 in the rear

More soon (hopefully)...

exactly what i had, just dont play below the tuning frequency cuz the subsonic is set at 25 on that amp, i tore my spider up pretty good, i had a fully loaded bl10.

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-