Sonic Electronix

i would like to run my mids and highs active . what would it take to run 3 6.5 comps sets and 2 8" midbass active ? is active better ?

alpine head unit (freebee 2009 model)2 sets of eclpise 5.25 comp. speakers.

1. set is in the a-pilors

1. memphis mojo 2500 watt amp

1. rockford fosgate t2 15"

dual 2 ohm wired to 4 ohm . seeing 600 watts

1. realm audio 600 watt 4ch

i would like to run my mids and highs active . what would it take to run 3 6.5 comps sets and 2 8" midbass active ? is active better ?

unless you have access to a mic and a LOT of time on your hands, I would say stick to a CORRECTLY set up passive front stage.

But to answer you would need twice the number of channels and some sort of processor.

Try setting up like this first and see if you're happy.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/33740-simple-way-tune-courtesy-cmusic.html

Edited by finkster

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

depends on what you want to do. you could do this with a 4 channel, the left 6.5"s get one channel right gets another. same thing for the 8"s. obviously if you want more power you get more amps to split up the 6.5"s.

otherwise you just need a crossover. you dont need a mic like finkster said. the crossover needs a bandpass channel for the mids and a lowpass for the midbass. you can just set the highpass on the amp for a bandpass effect on the midbass.

yes, it is much better. you could go with the crossover or get a processor. depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of results you want.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

unless you have access to a mic and a LOT of time on your hands, I would say stick to a CORRECTLY set up passive front stage.

But to answer you would need twice the number of channels and some sort of processor.

Try setting up like this first and see if you're happy.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/33740-simple-way-tune-courtesy-cmusic.html

well thanks for the help. i think ill go the simplest way. just want the best sound i can get. dont want to go all out for this car. the next car i will lol

depends on what you want to do. you could do this with a 4 channel, the left 6.5"s get one channel right gets another. same thing for the 8"s. obviously if you want more power you get more amps to split up the 6.5"s.

otherwise you just need a crossover. you dont need a mic like finkster said. the crossover needs a bandpass channel for the mids and a lowpass for the midbass. you can just set the highpass on the amp for a bandpass effect on the midbass.

yes, it is much better. you could go with the crossover or get a processor. depends on how much you want to spend and what kind of results you want.

dont want to send a lot was thinking of using 2 4ch amps. but idk if ohms would match up right . if i did i would use the rf 3sixy.2 for my processor. i want something more simple that would give me the best sound.

the only problem with the 3sixty is that the low output is mono(no left and right). its really only made for tweeters, mids and subs. but maybe you can set it up to crossover where you want to with the high and mid outputs. im not sure, never played with one.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

No you dont NEED one but why spend all the extra money on the benefits of running active and not have it set up prime?

plus hed need even more amp room for the tweeters.

Eclipse cd7000

the only problem with the 3sixty is that the low output is mono(no left and right). its really only made for tweeters, mids and subs. but maybe you can set it up to crossover where you want to with the high and mid outputs. im not sure, never played with one.

what about a rear fill ? do i need one ? i was thinking before to put some 6.5 comps in the rear doors. was even thinking of add 2 8" as well . but i want to keep cost low.

what about a rear fill ? do i need one ? i was thinking before to put some 6.5 comps in the rear doors. was even thinking of add 2 8" as well . but i want to keep cost low.

rear fill isnt NEEDED... it is good for some ambiance but they are usually on very low volume.

what are you doing with the tweeters?

If you really want to dial in an EQ, an RTA mic will help. but maybe you dont like a flat response... maybe 2000hz hurts your ears and you like extra midbass. your ears can tell you that just fine. dont get me wrong buddy, its a good thing to do. but ive never been on an RTA and i like to think i got my system to sound pretty good. although the ms-8 did most of it for me lol.

I can appreciate your longing for better sound but honestly, just run it passive esp if this is your "cheaper" setup.

You're asking what all you'll need and whether active is better when it takes a lot more than just plugging the right cables in and turning the knobs to set the cut off.

If you already have rears in try turning it up with the new speakers in and see what you think.

If you have a shop near you that has access to a mic that will be your best bet. Just make sure you take your time. What 8's are you using for midbass?

Edited by finkster

Eclipse cd7000