hi, i got a essay(rough draft) due today about the difference between a multi and mono amp. i definitely know the main difference between them, but its difficult for me to put it on paper. what i know so far is that multi amp is mainly used for mids and highs(door speakers) and its an upgrade you give to your door mids and highs from having it connected to the head unit. if the mids and highs are there, but the lows are missing, them thats when the subwoofer with the mono amp comes in, to produce low frequencies notes(BASS for your FACE). my instructor wants the body paragraph(3 paragraph) differently, with 3 characteristics (clarity/quality, low notes, and eletrical needs) i came up with those characteristics. the only thing is if there are any useful info i need not only to learn a bit more about amps, also i can use as a resource for my rough draft. FYI i do not intend to just have someone giving me answers of what to put on the paper, just need some info so i can paraphrase into my own words, and i will research more into it so i can understand and have knowledge of it.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

anyone out there? lol

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

Can you rephrase the question. I understand that there are 3 topics in the body paragraph, but you found the characteristics for them. What useful info do you need? Do you want to know how the amps are different?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

like in the clarity/quality body paragraph: the differences between having your door speakers connected to the h/u and having your door speakers connected to the multichannel amp. sorry about the confusing questions. and for the lower notes(while having a multi channel amp, what does a mono amp do and what is it used for) and the last paragraph: electrical needs of both kinds of amps(similarity paragraph). its a compare and contrast essay that is harder than it looks. lol

I'll work on this. Give me a few mins though (so my list is organized)

LMFAO so true

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

thanks, i started on my intro of the paragraph, which explains what a multichannel amp and a mono amp is. just the way to describe them in their use is pretty difficult to explain. its like i can show it, but cant tell it. lol

anyone can contribute. im doing research too.

Clarity- An amp generally has better crossover (explain what a crossover is)

You usually get more power out of an amp. A typical Headunit puts out around 18 watts rms at 4 ohms and some amps put out near 200 watts rms (explain what ohms are and what rms are)

Explain clipping

Lows- Multi channels can still play low notes, but they generally aren't tuned to play them because mids and highs can't play under 40hz.

Multi channel amps are used for mids and highs

Mono amps are used for subwoofers.

Electrical-Mono amps are generally more efficient (around 70% efficiency) than multi channels (around 55%)

Some amps need upgraded electrical (big three, ho alternators, batteries)

LMFAO so true

Yeah and if somebody could write one for me about the effects that mainstream media has on American culture I would appreciate it. Its due by 11:59 tonight! :shrug:

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

i explained the ohm(resistance) in a amp, clipping(distortion that can cause damage to the amp and/or sub). in the intro, i explain the multi ch. amp(what speakers are used for) and also the mono amp. im getting started on the clarity paragraph on how the h/u can cause distortion to the speakers because the low and high frequency are played at the same time, and when the multi ch. amp is connected to the door speakers, it minimizes the distortion by the built in crossover can help the door speakers play the highs rather than the lows. thanks for the help because now i got an idea of what to write in the essay.