Sonic Electronix

i have an amp that is 400x2 at 4ohms 800x1 at 2 ohms could i just wire the 2 150WRMS 2ohm vc subs to run at 4ohms on one channel ?

Uhm... let me see...

2 Channel amp

400 by 2 at 4ohms

Bridged

800 by 1 at 2ohms

You want to only run one channel at 4ohms to your 150 RMS subs giving two 150 RMS subs 400?

Sounds find to me, but are we sure this amp even puts out what it says?

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

i dont know how to tell if the amp puts out what it sais i wana say no because its a cheapo lanzar amp and i just hooked my subs up to a multimeter and the thing reads 1ohm .... i have a old rockford p1 i didnt think they made them 1ohm svc ...

yup i got it for 30 bucks and its only a replacement until i can afford a nice mono amp but will prolly also find some nice 10" subs that sound good in a .58cu/ft per chamber box because the subs i have now are some kind of rockford fosgate sub no motor cover so i have no idea what the specs are

Edited by michigancapri92

eh well for now it sounds good .... can play it for about 10 min at max until it cuts out from heat :-( even with 4 fans and it lifted so the air flows on the vents below :-( lol 30 dollars you get what you pay for i hope it sounds alot better with a good rockford fosgate 400 mono amp ... still dont know what is up with the subs still ... rockford fosgate says there p1 come in 4 and 8 ohm SVC ebay says 2ohm SVC and dmm reads 1ohm voice coil ... WHAT SUBWOOFERS ARE THESE !!!!! and i double checked the dmm with a 3ohm speaker and it reads 3 ohms .... >.<