Sonic Electronix

Someone told me in a previous post, can't remember where, that there's a way to be louder on music, or somewhat equal to tones. In my setup, most songs other than the decaf shit sound like 6x9 bass, but when I play a tone, anywhere from 28-43 it just fucking rapes my ears and car. Isn't there something you do with Db when you tune? Like a certain -db to tune with so music is louder?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

are you talking about tuning with a DMM? i use decafs tone its -4.6 db whereas most tones from ROE and similar are 0db, which brings me to another question... how does something have negative sound pressure? why not make it easy like a 5 db tone or a 10 db tone???

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

6x9 bass? wtf?

Like air forces, and TM101, sub plays those just as loud as my 6x9s do on 100 watts.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

are you talking about tuning with a DMM? i use decafs tone its -4.6 db whereas most tones from ROE and similar are 0db, which brings me to another question... how does something have negative sound pressure? why not make it easy like a 5 db tone or a 10 db tone???

Yee thats what im talking about. Couldn't remember where I saw it at.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

ummm....... i got nothin'. 6x9 bass...... :good::bull:

Lol. it's got me wondering too.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Yee thats what im talking about. Couldn't remember where I saw it at.

yeah well somehow 0 db (absence of sound pressure) is louder than negative sound pressure of -4.6 so just use decafs tone from his page. when you set your gain using 0 db tones it gets its certain loudness. then normal music ( which is known as not as loud so for sake of argument its -5 db) is naturally more quiet. i think of it as cranking up the volume on your head unit (0db) but then turning volume down to a minimum on your ipod (music)

edit: you know what im nun makin any sense im too tired sorry if i lowered everybodys IQ by reading this

Edited by Ji553r

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

0 is the utmost amplitude that recorded material can be achieved without clipping. after that it's signal processors like those from rockford, and treo, etc. Ever heard a bass cd on a signal processor, or a tone on one? They are meant to restore or enhance bass on tracks that have little or none at all on them, but when you have lots of bass on a track, it can get insane.

In audacity, you can amplify a track beyond 0 but the waveform would be soo distorted it would be no good by then. The waveform would flatten at moment it goes above 0 and and when it comes back down. Almost like a square wave.

Music can never really be as loud as a tone, it can only appear to be. Because you have compressors, eqs, and maximizers being used on different parts and instruments in the songs. Yes you can have a really loud hihat, or a bass drum, but for them to work together without distortion, and to keep the clearity of the two, some mastering is going to have to be done.

For example, my slowed track, I can't stop it, has a fat bass line, but it doesn't go all the way to 0. The bass is the most dominating sound in a song, it takes more energy to play a bass note than it would any other frequency. So it would distort the rest of the song or other sounds being played if it was at zero. So, it's best to have it slightly below, so that your hihats and other sounds can shine through (which would be the peaks of the waveform that reaches or goes beyond zero) - Also, it's safe for these upper frequencies to go above zero because they happen so fast, that you couldn't really hear the distortion or compression in them.

Also, do to the loudness debate that's been happening for years in the recording industry, some newer material are generally going to be louder than older, newer mastering techniques and hardware/software. Like using an old competition cd form 96 to one from now, that some people can make well.

Edited by quakecitystudio

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

0 is the utmost amplitude that recorded material can be achieved without clipping. after that it's signal processors like those from rockford, and treo, etc. Ever heard a bass cd on a signal processor, or a tone on one? They are meant to restore or enhance bass on tracks that have little or none at all on them, but when you have lots of bass on a track, it can get insane.

In audacity, you can amplify a track beyond 0 but the waveform would be soo distorted it would be no good by then. The waveform would flatten at moment it goes above 0 and and when it comes back down. Almost like a square wave.

Music can never really be as loud as a tone, it can only appear to be. Because you have compressors, eqs, and maximizers being used on different parts and instruments in the songs. Yes you can have a really loud hihat, or a bass drum, but for them to work together without distortion, and to keep the clearity of the two, some mastering is going to have to be done.

For example, my slowed track, I can't stop it, has a fat bass line, but it doesn't go all the way to 0. The bass is the most dominating sound in a song, it takes more energy to play a bass note than it would any other frequency. So it would distort the rest of the song or other sounds being played if it was at zero. So, it's best to have it slightly below, so that your hihats and other sounds can shine through (which would be the peaks of the waveform that reaches or goes beyond zero) - Also, it's safe for these upper frequencies to go above zero because they happen so fast, that you couldn't really hear the distortion or compression in them.

Ahh man that makes a lot of sence. Thanks. I just dont understand though why it sounds like shit on music off 3k... I don't know how really to describe it. I see quite a number of demo viedos using TM101, but if i played that song it would be embarassing.

Edited by Alex K

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg