Sundown Audio

Sound Digital

TeejayBee

Lulz way to expensive.

We have dealer info on them and all I can say if fuck that.

thats my thought on the overpriced sundown, but meh, people choose to buy what they want... i like having double the power for the same price as 1 amp

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

off of here, bought it used

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

well, you do the math, if my stetsom 7k is rated at 7200w at 1 ohm at 12v

and im doing 5500w at 11.2v at 2 ohms....

i would be safe to say it would do well over 7200 at 14.4v

Team DC Audio

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9283

just some reading, ill quote it here for you but thats the thread this came from

The reason why SD amps performs so well at low and high voltages

Hello guys.

The SounDigital amps features a 20MHz CMOS FLASH-based 8-bit microcontroller, programmed by computers in the factory. This thing controls the entire amplifier, such as the power supply, output protections and etc, so this is the brain of the amplifier.

With such a fast brain, we can control the power supply PWM really quick. PWM is the modulation of the control pulse duration on the FETs on the power supply. Let me explain:

The power supply converts the 12V input to a high voltage source, like 180V. We know that the limit for a certain device used in this example is 200V, so we cannot let the voltage step up to 200V or more and at the same time we want the voltage the highest possible so we can have lots of power.

Well, by modulating the duration of the pulse of the power supply devices we can control that, example: We put 12V on input and obtain 180V, ok! Now we put 10V (like when we have a strong bass hitting, the amp drawn more current and the battery voltage goes down) and the power supply will deliver less than 180V, like 150V, so we need to increase the pulse duration on a certain amount to make the output voltage of the power supply reach the 180V. Now we apply 18V, the power supply will want to deliver more than 200V, right? Well, if the amp is not a SD the output devices may explode, eheheh, than we need to decrease the pulse duration on the FETs.

This FAST (20MHz) and WELL IMPLEMENTED process is that allow us to produce low voltage capable amplifiers (7.5V) and at same time you can boost your battery system to a 16V and even charge it at 18V or higher voltages and you WONT blow a SD amplifier.

This procedure (PWM) is really hard to obtain, so many companies just leave the duration of the pulse LOCKED.

You would be impressed if you discover that A LOT of BIG amplifiers have the PWM locked, because the design of the power supply was not well implemented. Try to find it by yourself.

Other amplifiers (like 95% of the market) are made of CHEAP parts, so they use cheap and slow power supply controllers, that can only work on a limited range of features.

The microprocessor also controls other functions of the SD amplifiers, like the protections and voltage warning:

The output short is detected by a system that measure the current on the output of the power supply, and this need to be very fast. When you make a short on the output of the amp the uC (microcontroller) reads the current and shut down the devices on power supply, before they explore by the excessive current created by the short.

When your battery voltage drops to any voltage below 9.5V the microcontroller flashes the red LED, so you will be informed that your battery level is running low.

Also, if your voltage drops to any voltage less than 7.5V the uC detects and the amplifier will shut down.

Team DC Audio

yeah im this is my figuring 2010 silverado stock alt plus a h.o one ton of batts lol

8000 wrms on stock alt..good luck

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Now my next question is do they do true power? i mean im looking at like the SD8000.1d says 8k at 12.6v now its just where to buy it at

kinda funny how you cant read ? i said plus a h.o alt? and it'd be 16k =] im dubing it but you dont need to know

I read that part correctly atleast..lol

I would still get 2 HO alts minimum for 16kwrms though, but thats me

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived