Sonic Electronix

Alright so im curious about upgrading my amp in the future. Right now i have an AQ1200D with 2 SA 12's which are 600 watts rms each. If I get the step up from the AQ1200D, the 2200D will I overpower these subs to death? The xmax is .7 inches and i think im hitting that right now so if it goes over 17 will i loose control of the cone and die? lol sorry if im not making sense but im just wondering if its a good idea to upgrade say in a few months?

mJzD9.png

haha guess i got a little over carried with the smiles but im curiosoo

Yeah a little, at first I was like wow that's a quick ban, then I realized it was your method of bumping.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

People have put over 2k per woofer in burp boxes so i'm sure its capable of handling 1k daily as long as you don't begin clipping them to death and as long as you don't make a huge box the xmax isn't really a factor. If you hear the sub bottom out then you have a problem but until then i don't think you'll have any problems as long as its within reasonable box size.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

People have put over 2k per woofer in burp boxes so i'm sure its capable of handling 1k daily as long as you don't begin clipping them to death and as long as you don't make a huge box the xmax isn't really a factor. If you hear the sub bottom out then you have a problem but until then i don't think you'll have any problems as long as its within reasonable box size.

its the minimum recommended size 3.5 cu feet 1.75 cu feet each sub

mJzD9.png