Sonic Electronix

it will be fine. how come you never listen lol. have told you it would be fine. my buddy is gonna be running 2 ap1500's to 2 sa12's and he was already running 1 of each and at full power on the amp to 1 12 and it took it just fine

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

it will be fine. how come you never listen lol. have told you it would be fine. my buddy is gonna be running 2 ap1500's to 2 sa12's and he was already running 1 of each and at full power on the amp to 1 12 and it took it just fine

i do listen to you but im also curious about xmax and excursion limits if there is one:P

mJzD9.png

i do listen to you but im also curious about xmax and excursion limits if there is one:P

Depends how they measure xmax on that sub but you'll know about it real fast if you take them too far and start hitting the bottom plate with the former. This is what happens when most subs go beyond the limit of their excursion.

Some subs won't even get there since the coil/gap isn't long enough to power the coil that far.

Some will get there despite this if you give them enough power since the suspension isn't stiff enough to prevent overshoot. Cheap woofers with short-ass coils and sloppy suspension are one of the few cases where you can actually jump the gap and hang the coil up on the motor.

The other and much more exciting one is subs like DD 95s where the motor is deep enough that you will never hit the bottom plate but instead you can slam the cone into the spider landing and blow the hell out of your cone.

Whatever your sub does, you'll know about it when it starts doing it because it always sounds like shit.

Using a smaller box and a more restrictive port will help prevent excess excursion by providing more loading on the rear of the cone.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

You can never hit bottom plate with a SA-12. Youll blow the woofer apart before it ever thinks of touching. Beat the hell out of it all you want. Ive had 3 on a 4500 at .66.....took every bit of it and they werent even phased.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I put 2 sa12s in my friends truck, box is 4 cubes tuned at 37hz. he has a sae1200 he runs on it daily and its never hit mechanical limits(with the subsonic set properly).

I have burped his setup on my 2 1500s strapped at 1 ohm and it didnt hit mechanical limits. The only time i got it too was when put a full tilt clipped signal to them from the 1500s. so if you keep your box at the recommended size or lower you should be good.