Figured I would throw in my 2 Cents...

Dual Viar 480's are the way to go! 100% Duty and 200 Psi!

The compressor kit comes with all of your relays, leader lines, fuse holder, mounting hardware, and yes a 165-200 Psi Switch.

My rule of thumb is 1 480 Per 3 gallons of air for hard usage. Never for more then 4 gallons per 480. Your just gong to burn them out. and anything more than 5 gallons, preload your tank with outside air, or shut you pumps off at 100 psi and let them cool down a bit.

Just run the leader lines from the compressors straight to your tank. And mount you valves as close to your bags a possible because of the weight your trying to lift.

If your mounting on the frame in the back then this is what you need!

http://www.rollpans.com/7-Gallon-Tank-Black_p_14747.html

I run The air Lift Dominator Bags. They are a 600Psi Bag, with a strong compression band around the middle. That way with they fill up they get skinnier, not fatter. So you dont have to worry about rubbing.

Another rule of thumb, use the biggest bag you can squeeze. Its like a snow shoe, the bigger footprint the better stability.

They also lift just as much as slam bags, and are a little bit of a softer ride.

Up front just throw some cups in there, Its quick and easy.

And in the rear just use an axle pad on the bottom and another upper cup.

1/2 Danz Valves work nicely. I've never had a problem with them sticking or slipping all the way to 350 Psi on Nitro. (I didn't just say that)

Only Use 1/2 DOT approved Compression fittings. It takes a little bit longer to install them, but you don't EVER have to worry about them leaking if done right.

Hope this helps!

Ok, so I ordered the rims they are 26's will be here next week.....now it is time to really start looking at the airirde setup. Here is my plan this far......shockwaves, drop spindles, and drop a arms up front. In the rear I am planning on using slam specialties not sure though if Which particular bag I should use that and which diameter bag to use in the rear. Should I stay with the same diameter as the spring or go a little bigger, any suggestions? As far as valves either smc or Parker 1/2". As far as the additional plumbing I need I am unsure of what I need or where to get it. Tank size I have plenty of room under the truck between the roll pan and the battery bank that is in between the frame rails, any suggestion on size of tank. I am planning on dual viair 480 compressors. What plumbing is needed in between the compressors and the tank. What tank pressure switch do I need? Are there any additional odds and ends that you can think of that I need outside of switches and 50 ft or so of 1/2" airline?

hey man just to let u kno with the shock waves u will only get about 3 to 4 inches of lift no joke i put them on my 49 ford and it was a bitch to get it to lay out and untuck my 20s 2 were if u had a bag u would get 7 to 10 inches of lift i mean there nice ill give them that but just cant get the lift

hey man just to let u kno with the shock waves u will only get about 3 to 4 inches of lift no joke i put them on my 49 ford and it was a bitch to get it to lay out and untuck my 20s 2 were if u had a bag u would get 7 to 10 inches of lift i mean there nice ill give them that but just cant get the lift

I second this! Shock-waves are awesome for the ride quality and ease of install, but thats about it...

• 3 weeks later...

i havent seen anyone say anything about an engine driven compressor yet,im thinkin a york 210 on mine since it already has a bracket space since it dont have a/c or power steering (gotta love armstrong steering when tuckin 20s :D ) anyone run one before ive seen a few people running them and had good reviews on it,ive already got the opening on the pulleys for it.

ROYAL DIAMONDS CAR CLUB "VICE PRESIDENT"
90 ISUZU PICKUP "BLOOD BATH"
XENON H.I.D. KITS BY G&M AUTOSPORT
XENON KITS ONLINE BY G&M AUTOSPORT DIRECT WEBSITE

I will be ordering all the airride components here in the next 2 weeks or so....like the tank it will match the paint....definetly doing dual Viair 480's.....my budd had just mentioned Danz valves, so either them or parker.....i am still leaning toward slam specialties bags but i am still looking.....where do i get the DOT compression fittings from and the airline?????

now if i bag the front can i use the stock a arm or should i get lowered a arms and what about drop spindles?????

if you can use the stock a arm is it just a matter of welding a cup to the a arm????

also, does anything need to be cut off the front>>>buddy mentioned having to cut the ends of where the a arms mount or it will limit the travel...just want some input?????

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

• 3 months later...

I've always wanted to build a lowrider. :(

Vehicle: 1999 Chevy Suburban AKA The Bammin' Beast

Battery: 25 XS Power XP1000's

Sub Amp: 3 DC 9k's

Sub Stage: 18 DC Lvl 4 M2 12's in a Nasty 4th Order

Subscribe now! Prizes will be given away for every 1000 subscribers!

I've heard you have to notch the front a arm.. But other than that it's just a matter of welding the cup in.. Easy as can be.. If your planning on laying on those 26s, your gonna have some time in removing the front fender wells and relocating everything.. And I may have missed it but what read setup are you going to run?

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

I am not planning on laying frame...mostly for the stance and for the weight .....not sure if you know but my rims are the KMC Slide they are 26x10 and have a 28 offset you see any issues????? What the plan is bags in the back.....most likely bags in the front.....1/2 valves......2 viair compressors, a tank, some switches, a couple of gauges.....and that's about it....how does that sound

Rockford Fosgate

Sundown Audio

DC Power Inc

XS

Autometer

Pioneer

Archived