everybody with a 2000-2005 impala!!

ok so im in need of a extra battery AND alternator so i wanna ask everybody here with experience.

who here who has a 2000 01 02 03 04 or 05 impala have a H/O alternator? which is the best deal for the amperage out right now?

i know cheap does not equal good deal but i need input on people who actually have the same car

i know DC/ Mechman/ and a website called motorcityreman that also makes HO alternators.

i need one so i want to have input on most/ all of these to know which is the most reliable/best alternator company to go with

thanks in advance to everybody who helps

Don't have an Impala but Mechman is a very good brand. Really good customer service I hear.

yea i heard so too and as of right now, im kind of leaning towards mechman but i just want more input from more people with the same car since they know which alternator/brand they could recommend --WAIT!! you have a grand am, basicly the same motor if its the 3.4 sfi (since thats what i have) do you have a H/O alternator? what do you recomment without being biased?

Edited by eduardo817

I don't have the 3.4L. I have the 2.3 Quad (4cyl) Haven't yet got around to getting an alt but when I do it'll be Mechman. Meade uses them now IIRC. Thats gotta mean something. lol

http://www.stevemead...tors-different/

oh ok. And Meade has good quality stuff but its not always the best for other perticular cars.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Power bastards makes one. 220max HO for $300. Might get one.

I put a powerbastard on the test stand. Did 180 amps when it was supposed to do 220. Then i put it in the freezer for 3 hours and ran it... only did 200. Oh and it only did 60-80 amps at idle..

lmao power bastards? which brand is this? power bass? thats my best guess if you can't already tell haha

So much for trying to help...

sisko_facepalm.gif

I put a powerbastard on the test stand. Did 180 amps when it was supposed to do 220. Then i put it in the freezer for 3 hours and ran it... only did 200. Oh and it only did 60-80 amps at idle..

OP you should get DC cuz DC ftmf... oops

Edited by k3n12ock