Optima question

I bought an Optima for underneath the hood about 4 months ago because my old wet battery died on me. Last night my car died and needed a jump. This is the first time it's happened since the new Optima was put in. The car started right up this morning with no problems. Took my car to Kragen so they could test the battery and it's fine. 13.1 volts and 100% health but only 25% charge rate. I know all about the Optimas and their charge rate but is that what happened here? It got so low that it couldn't even start the car? Am I going to have to charge it every X amount of months? Do I need to charge it now or will it charge on it's own if I just let it sit?

My dad has a yellow top, it has died multiply of times from working out a security system bug. He just drove on it and it charged right back up in a couple days, now rest in the low 13's, and bout 14.3 while driving.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived