Sonic Electronix

What makes a sub play a full range?

I was looking into subs that could play a full range and really play the lows. But I'm not sure how to know which will do this.

I was looking into an ascendant assassin, Fi X series, DC level 2 or an image dynamic IDQ. Something not to high powered.

But from what I've read ppl have said the best bet on a budget is something like the FI Q.

Can someone shed some light on this? Will any of the subs I listed play a good range if put into a good box.

I was looking into subs that could play a full range and really play the lows. But I'm not sure how to know which will do this.

I was looking into an ascendant assassin, Fi X series, DC level 2 or an image dynamic IDQ. Something not to high powered.

But from what I've read ppl have said the best bet on a budget is something like the FI Q.

Can someone shed some light on this? Will any of the subs I listed play a good range if put into a good box.

Define "full range". To me full range means no LPF or HPF, which will lead to bad results.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I mean I guess a sub that can cover almost all frequencies. Right now I have a 50$ pioneer that can't pick up almost any notes from songs like bass I love you. I guess I mean subs that can pick up low notes and can play most of the bass tones you heard it songs.

Edited by Moofs

Yeah. So I guess then I'm looking for a sub that can play lower frequencies. Will any of the less powered ones I listed above be able to do that?

Yes. With the low pass filter on your amp set the right way the low freqs are the only thing that the subs will play.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

I like that sub but it's got way more power than I want. It's what like a 800-1000rms sub, I'm looking for like around 250-300rms.

I think you should go to the chat room and ask Sanitarium, he is pretty sharp with tech stuff maybe he can help you pick a sub.

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg