Sundown Audio

Kenwood X1200M

BassHead1990

1 member has voted

1. 1. Rate This Amp

• Decent
    • neutral
    • Crap

I have an Kenwood X1200M amplifier that seems to look like it has two channels, but it's mono. I figure that most two channel amps have the positive and negative in series (+ -,+ -) but this one has it displayed as (+ +,- -). So it possible that it is a one channel amp set up for dual voice coils, or is two channel spitting the amp up? I also can't tell if this amplifier is 1ohm stable, the manual states that user should use 1ohm and greater subwoofers, but the specifications don't show the RMS rating at 1ohm. The manual shows the amplifier specifications for 2400w max, 1200w @ 2ohm X 1, and 800w @ 4ohm X 1. Just trying to find the right configurations for the best possible outcome.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

What is the ohm configuration of your subs dual 4/2/1?

Edited by Socky

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

By looking at the specs the amp is 1 ohm capable. There is only 1 channel on the the amplifier, it just has 2 pos,negs on it. So most likely you are wired to 1 ohm with both those subs. Make sure you adjust the gain with a dmm or o-scope so you get a clean signal. No bass boost either.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

yea, i used to have the amp it is 1 ohm stable, and i believe it also has the inputs for 2 speakers but i am sure they are not bridged they should function as two different channels even though it is a mono amp, i know my mono rockford fosgate prime 500 amp has 2 channels that are bridged, which i hate, because whatever i input ito it it dropes an ohm load which i didnt want, but it still works just as well

i really liked that amp, never gave me an issue, its probably the only series of amp id recommend from kenwood

Alright thanks, I'm going to have to borrow one from a friend or something because I don't have the funds for one right now. So I should turn the bass boost down on the amp?

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

yea, i would go with no bass boost, a smart man once told me, if you cant get the sound out of the subs that you want without adding bass boost or other boost via head unit, then you should probably upgrade your subs

not to say you cant have the boosts and the subs will be fine, i guess its users choice

i have everything on my head unit set to 0, bass is -2 and bass boost on amp is 0

Alright I can try it. I don't see a bass boost on the amp anyways and I have it set at +5 of -15 - +15 on my head Unit

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"