Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

starting my first system.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Thats a good price, but if you get that dc level 2 make sure you watch how you set your gains. Ik DC rates conservatively, but better safe than sorry imo

Well, after I call them on Monday, I'll make the final decision on the amplifier.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Posted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HIFONICS-BXi608-BRUTUS-MONOBLOCK-AMPLIFIER-AMP-BXi-608-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f5cbf53dQQitemZ300476527933QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

That would be a good amp. You don't really need a 1200w amp for a 300w rms sub unless your going to upgrade in the near future.

That amp is perfect, Not looking to buy an amp in the next 4 days though. :/ Hopefully I can find another at such a good deal. I gotta buy the headunit first. Anyone know of any (don't know the word); retrofit? kit for a double-din to single-din radio with the bin under the bottom? 2001 impala ls.

Thank you.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Posted

Just write down the name of that amp and look for it again on there when your ready, i'm sure someone will still have it for sale on there. Call up BestBuy for your wiring harness for your deck and they can hook you up with that. There usually around $20 or so

2012 Civic Si Coupe

- Nada lol

3d7304fe.jpgDCSig.jpgaol.pngYoutube

Posted

Just write down the name of that amp and look for it again on there when your ready, i'm sure someone will still have it for sale on there. Call up BestBuy for your wiring harness for your deck and they can hook you up with that. There usually around $20 or so

Alright, will do. I think I may be able to do something else for the stereo. $210 is a lot for a first head unit. I'm pretty much looking for a pretty big screen size, bluetooth is not necessary, iPod connection is a must, along w/ a cd player. If anyone's got any ideas please post them here, and I will check this post again tomorrow. It's 2:30 AM, need to get some sleep.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Posted

ok for your price range id go with these

subs

Amp

HU

just choose which size sub you want, and your ready to go.

A few tips

- The amp will overpower that sub a bit so be careful about the gain setting, yes i chose the bigger amp so youd have room to expand

-get a better battery nothing crazy but maybe a kinetik 800 or something

- get decent wires for the amp

- try adding a 4 way amp down the road for your mids and highs.

- Take pride in your first build

- Understand this is the first build and your going to probably have problems, dont be afraid to ask questions

- take pride in it

- get some good tunez and blast this mofo lol good luck

Posted

ok for your price range id go with these

subs

Amp

HU

just choose which size sub you want, and your ready to go.

A few tips

- The amp will overpower that sub a bit so be careful about the gain setting, yes i chose the bigger amp so youd have room to expand

-get a better battery nothing crazy but maybe a kinetik 800 or something

- get decent wires for the amp

- try adding a 4 way amp down the road for your mids and highs.

- Take pride in your first build

- Understand this is the first build and your going to probably have problems, dont be afraid to ask questions

- take pride in it

- get some good tunez and blast this mofo lol good luck

I will definitely consider those subs, audioque is such a good brand. If I'm correct, when the alternator went out 4 years ago, we replaced the current one with an ACDelco 105a alt. Would that be sufficient for now?

I will get wires from knukonceptz.com, and down the road I will get a 4ch. amp, but right now my stock hu is pushing them pretty well, I purchased the lowest RMS speakers i could find, the 6x9s are like 40w rms?, and the fronts are 30 or 50, not 100% sure. All I know is these speakers rattle the car very well.

Not 100% on the Kenwood hu, will keep looking around, though it is very cheap, I do not like not being able to have a button for each of my presets.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Posted

I will definitely consider those subs, audioque is such a good brand. If I'm correct, when the alternator went out 4 years ago, we replaced the current one with an ACDelco 105a alt. Would that be sufficient for now?

I will get wires from knukonceptz.com, and down the road I will get a 4ch. amp, but right now my stock hu is pushing them pretty well, I purchased the lowest RMS speakers i could find, the 6x9s are like 40w rms?, and the fronts are 30 or 50, not 100% sure. All I know is these speakers rattle the car very well.

Not 100% on the Kenwood hu, will keep looking around, though it is very cheap, I do not like not being able to have a button for each of my presets.

I just threw in the kenwood because that is the brand i use, and it was the cheapest with a usb and aux on the front with 3 rca outputs in the back. try looking on sonic with those choices there was a nice clarion for a decent price. The alt should be sufficient for now, but you might want to try upgrading the battery and maybe doing the big three depending on how bad the lights dim. as for the aq subs look for the build of the ranger with the blowthrough using two of the 12s, i was surprised by how well they slapped. Also i didnt mean you had to get a 4ch amp today just add one eventually to really push your speakers so they dont get overwhelmed by your subs.

Posted

I just threw in the kenwood because that is the brand i use, and it was the cheapest with a usb and aux on the front with 3 rca outputs in the back. try looking on sonic with those choices there was a nice clarion for a decent price. The alt should be sufficient for now, but you might want to try upgrading the battery and maybe doing the big three depending on how bad the lights dim. as for the aq subs look for the build of the ranger with the blowthrough using two of the 12s, i was surprised by how well they slapped. Also i didnt mean you had to get a 4ch amp today just add one eventually to really push your speakers so they dont get overwhelmed by your subs.

Okay, that sounds good. I'll look around at some different headunits. I will be doing the big 3 no matter what, just need my dads help with it. I'll be back later, So, I'll respond in a few hours.

Thanks for all the help, appreciate it.

First System

2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles.

Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator

Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U.

Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way.

Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w

Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm.

Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin

Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge.

Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt. :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 536 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...