billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Hi everyone. Been a part of this forum for awhile now, and I've saved up some money, not enough to get me everything at once, but would like to get an idea. Hoping to have everything by christmas. It's my first system, so I'm not going to go full blown out, but I would like something that's not too weak. What's done already: MB Quart 6.5" Comp in front. MB Quart 6x9 Coax. for rear deck. Looking at the following. RADIO: http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500CDA105/Alpine-CDA-105.html?tp=5684 AMPLIFIER: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_11796_Kenwood+KAC-8104D.html SUBWOOFER: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27307_RE+Audio+SRX15D2.html How does it look for a first system? It's going into a 2001 Impala LS, trunk. I will be building a custom enclosure, not entirely sure what design yet, but I need the radio first; before I even think about subs/enclosures. Appreciate any help, thank you. First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Mosin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Not bad for a first... I'd suggest some diff items other then the RE woofer and Kenwood amp... Derp.
sqsux Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 looks good, although I've never personally heard any of the equipment. Don't forget about your wiring if you don't already have it, and make sure that 15 fits in your trunk. Start out boxy, shape as you move along. Dc Audio Team Fur
Mosin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Alpine CDA-105 cheaper on sonic. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18875_Alpine+CDA-105.html knukonceptz.com for the wiring. What is your budget for amp/sub? Derp.
Carroot1 Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 just make sure your box fits... i learned that the hard way 3 times lol
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 Not bad for a first... I'd suggest some diff items other then the RE woofer and Kenwood amp... What other items would you suggest? Please try to keep this rather cheap as money is not flowing fast. Budget is probably $350 for both amp/sub. I also see that the Alpine is cheaper on sonic, but through crutchfield it's free shipping, and I get the free installation equipment. First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Mosin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 Well if I were to pick from Sonic's site I'd go Kicker for the woofer(s) I love Kicker though so I might be biased. Give DC Sound Lab a call sometime next week and see if they can help you decide on a nice DC woofer. Derp.
Ao1FTW Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 You could do 2 level2 DC 8s and a hifonics bxi610! Wire it down to 1 ohm..that would be around 380 or so. I think that would be a good budget setup, and would sound good too! 2012 Civic Si Coupe - Nada lol Youtube
moetpoppin Posted October 30, 2010 Report Posted October 30, 2010 just make sure your box fits... i learned that the hard way 3 times lol as for the equip, you can get something decent boomin for 350... just listen to these guys on here and get a general idea ty TY Moet poppin', hoe hoppin', aint no stoppin' B.I.G. poppa, I'm a bad boy Party and Bullshit - The Notorious B.I.G. Honest estimate on this truck when it's all done........... 172.3........... Ehh.. U are aware of what 172.3 is, right? yep..... Two Pyle 15"s Build log
billy101 Posted October 30, 2010 Author Report Posted October 30, 2010 Well if I were to pick from Sonic's site I'd go Kicker for the woofer(s) I love Kicker though so I might be biased. Give DC Sound Lab a call sometime next week and see if they can help you decide on a nice DC woofer. I'm not against Kicker. Looking for something that will move a bunch of air, being because I can pull the back seats down to allow air to move into the cabin. They've got this.. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_26013_Kicker+C154+-10C154-+-+Buy+One%2C+Get+One+FREE-.html I will give DC Sound Lab a call next week, how are they pricing wise? I'm also not stuck on 15s, any size is acceptable, just lookin to move some air. haha. What amps would you recommend? First System 2002 Impala LS 3.8L V6, 128,365k miles. Alternator: DC Power 190Amp H/O Alternator Headunit: Kenwood KDC-BT945U. Speakers: MBQuart 6.5" Comps, 6x9 3-way. Amplifer: Eclipse 3322 on front 6.5 components, and a Infinity Kappa One @ 2ohm- 800w Subwoofers: 2 REAudio SRX12D2 wired to 2 ohm. Box: 3.1cuft box tuned to 33hz. sealed off to cabin Big 3- done with all Knukonceptz KCA 0 gauge. Don't drop below 14.1v at full tilt.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.