Sonic Electronix

So i installed my system last night (lv 4 xl 15 and aq 2200) i have a few problems firstly the clip light on my knob starts to flicker with it hardly turned my little over 1/4 knob, im on stock batt and alt so im guessing that's from the voltage drops, secondly every once in a while it like burps and freaks out im not sure whats wrong with it.. it seems totally random when it does it but it sounds like shit when it happens its more like a nasty pop even when its turned down it does it sometimes, like earlier at the end of air forces that last shitty super low note it did it ugh nasty i hope nothings blown this shits too new, i got a few pics if anyone cares to see them :lol:

Edited by Bowser91

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Knu wire 1/0 ultra fleks & Krystal Kable Rca

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

your trunk lid is going to get molested like a drunk stripper at an orgy.

what kind of rca's are you using also I assume you at least used a dmm to tune the amp also I'd suggest a seecond battery in the back even with the stock alt it will help for a short term for voltage drop

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

what kind of rca's are you using also I assume you at least used a dmm to tune the amp also I'd suggest a seecond battery in the back even with the stock alt it will help for a short term for voltage drop

knu krystal kable rca's and didnt have my dmm out there when i installed im not beating the shit out of it or anything why would it be poping like that

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

The gain setting isn't a volume knob.

It is possible that sometimes you don't actually need to use gain, so at 0 or in some cases it needs to be maxed out.

It's all install dependent, if it flickers at 1/4 gain, then the gain is still too high as simple as that. ;)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

the popping just sound like a something groundin out just tryin to get an idea if you have a loose rca or a wire grounding out

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

the amp is also a posible culprit need some others to chime in on ideas

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

big 3 1/0

coould someone point me in the direction for test tones so i can set it with a dmm, also what about lpf and subsonics and boost ?

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

decaf has some

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

big 3 1/0

the popping just sound like a something groundin out just tryin to get an idea if you have a loose rca or a wire grounding out

hmm nothing should be grounding out the wires on the sub are zip tied to there own side of the basket im lost at this point :unsure:

firstXSAQDC.jpg

Pioneer MVH-P8200 Hu

Dc Lvl 4XL 15"

AudioQue 2200 sold

Stock alt

Stock battery up front

Xs S3400 in back sold

while its playin have you tried wiggling the rca's around and see if the popping noise happens

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

big 3 1/0