Battery Light on...

I had the dc 260 alt on the jimmy for like 6months, before that i had the stock one on for like a month while i sold my old HO alt and that stock one worked fine, i went to take out the dc alt and put back in the Stock alt and left the truck sit for a while since i dont really drive it....

a wk later, today i go out to turn it on and take it for a drive and the battery light is on <_< and its only charging at 11-12 volts if that

So what could be the problem if the alt worked fine before all of a sudden thing is messing up, the battery is not even a yr old, so im thinking its gonna be the alt.

It start up fine, turned it off and started it back up a few times and its good.

what do you guys think?Any help would be appreciated thanks!

when the battery light illuminates on your dash, it means your alternator is not properly charging. an alt that charges between 11-12 volts is not a functioning alternator at all. sounds like youre just running off your battery power right now.. i would see if napa or someone can test your alt for you.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Same thing happend to me when i swapped back to stock on my blazer. I just figured cause i left it in the box, in the garage, that the weather(moisture/humidity) did something to it.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Dugee is right.

As to why you're alternator worked before, but isn't now, it's wild, but it happens. Take it to Autozone or anywhere that can physically test the alternator in store, and not just testing it with the cart or the handheld tester.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

something like this happen to me like a month ago, my battery light was on at all times, and my truck would barely start up then my HIDs would tweek out and at times only one would work, so im like wtf..

so first thing in my head popped up was bad alt?....so what i did is i turned the car on, and then i went and took the battery positive terminal off, and my car shut down right away, but we all know if the alt was working the car wouldnt have shut off... so right there i knew my alt was dead, then i dropped in my 270dc and everything is proper now...so i would test the alt if your only charging that low

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived