Sonic Electronix

Its is a brand new sub dont know if there is a "new sub smell"? LoL. Its not strong and I barely notice it. Hell it might be the damn mdf lol.

2010 Scion TC

HU: Factory Pioneer Scion Edition

Wire: Knukonceptz 4G from batt back 12G Speaker

Amp: AudioPipe ap15001d

Sub: DC Audio LVL4 12"

Mids/Highs: TO BE DETERMINED.

Yeah Im a rookie DONT HATE.

Its is a brand new sub dont know if there is a "new sub smell"? LoL. Its not strong and I barely notice it. Hell it might be the damn mdf lol.

you will get that smell with a new sub as it heat cycles. what your smelling is the oil and glues on the coil this is normal. now if it gets stronger back off the volume and put your hand on the dustcap if its hot you are clipping it bad. if its warm thats ok but be careful. what you feeling is the heat from the voicecoil

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

you will get that smell with a new sub as it heat cycles. what your smelling is the oil and glues on the coil this is normal. now if it gets stronger back off the volume and put your hand on the dustcap if its hot you are clipping it bad. if its warm thats ok but be careful. what you feeling is the heat from the voicecoil

Yeah I thought thats what he said when we first hooked it up. "ahh the new sub smell" LoL. Yeah my lvl4 is in a hatchback(scion tc) so its plenty damn loud for me!

2010 Scion TC

HU: Factory Pioneer Scion Edition

Wire: Knukonceptz 4G from batt back 12G Speaker

Amp: AudioPipe ap15001d

Sub: DC Audio LVL4 12"

Mids/Highs: TO BE DETERMINED.

Yeah Im a rookie DONT HATE.

kool good luck and DC all the way

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

also one thing to input. some ppl have good luck with a amp, and some dont. right now, i have a hifonics bxi 2010d that is pushing my re hc 18(with fi soft parts) and lil did i know, i have it wired to .5 ohm (d1 voice coil wired in parallel). i been running it like that for 2 months i think and still havent gotten any issues with the amp. of course my lights dim since i havent upgraded my electricals. but the point im trying to come across is that even from a brand that was known to be "crappy", to me, it holds up pretty good. you can check online and that same amp i have will cost around $200 starting, but sometimes the cheap priced amps can be the best bang for your buck.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman