DC Sound Lab

CJs DC Build Log (Subs installed last pg)

Ok got a good start on the 4 XL 18 box tonight

Box Specs

49wide x 48deep x 26.75tall

27.55ft3 before displacements

22.25ft3 after displacements

port is 8x46x16 tuned to 35.25hz. This works out to 16.55in2 per ft3 and a total of 368in2.

I would have preferred to be able to build the box a little bigger to get 6ft3 per sub but this is the biggest box I can fit under the window line.

Box is double ply and the top is going to be triple ply with the 3rd layer serving as an inset.

2010-11-01_22-19-07_464.jpg

2010-11-01_22-18-56_979.jpg

2010-11-01_22-14-48_926.jpg

Sorry I didnt get alot of pics, but working by myself I forget to take assembly pics. I will get more tomorrow once i get it finished.

The 2 lips that are left on the box in the pics, the smaller one gets a second layer of mdf and the bigger one gets trimmed flush with the sides. I accidentally cut the front and back 3" to tall. I guess its better to cut it too big than too small though.

thats a big ass box cj what kinda power you running to the xls

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

nice plans & box so far cj.

is this subs & port up?

DC FTMFW!!! :popcorn:

Yep subs and port are up. I have already run into a small issue in getting 2 18s to fit between the back and port walls. It is going to be a very tight fit, but it will work. I would have liked to make the box about 3 inches longer but this is as big as I can fit in the van. He is already taking out both rows of back seats. The one thing yall dont see is a battery box that I will be building that goes on the front of the box for 3 kinetik 3800s and will also be used as an amp rack.

thats a big ass box cj what kinda power you running to the xls

for right now he is going to be running 2 soundstream 3400s. 1 to each pair. I know this isnt enough power for the XLs, but I wanted to leave room to add more power later. Those amps are rated to put out 3400w at .5 ohm, so I am going to try and wire as low as I possibly can to allow for box rise and get as much power out of them as I possibly can. In the future I think he will want to add 2 more amps to properly power the subs, that is why I am doing XLs instead of 4s.

box may be a lil big for that much power, looks great though i did 2 xls sub an port up and it pounded hard. imo sub up port back is way louder though . im posted

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

box may be a lil big for that much power

I disagree. Thats only 1700 per if he gets rated power from the amps, not even mentioning rise. 5.5 - 6.5 per woofer is golden IMO.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg