Guest MegaloManiac

Dont take the first semester off.

You are going to want to stay in that school mode like high school. going to school in august getting of in dec, going back to school in spring getting of in may. feel me?

I myself just got out of Highschool too, but a spoke with a LOT of people and they all are telling me the same thing. They said if you still feel like taking first semester off then just go part time.

What I am doing is going fulltime and getting all this core requirements that the state requires done, hopefully in a bout 1.5 years it will be knocked out. That leaves me with a year and half to think about an major. You dont have to have a major to go to college son. Just knock your requirements out and then worry about the major later. Also it will be redundant, all the core classes is like going through highschool all over again. sounds like bullshit but nothing you can do about it except suck it up and do it.

Also if you financial problems then, apply for scholarships, or FASFA(govenment aid). If you cant get those 2 then a student loan is the anser. The interest is so ridiculously low that it doesnt even matter, you'll have 20 years or so to pay that off, with investments(in future) and whatnot it wont be hard to pay that shit off at all...as long as you hit the books when you need to and you hit the beertap when you need to :)

Dont take the first semester off.

You are going to want to stay in that school mode like high school. going to school in august getting of in dec, going back to school in spring getting of in may. feel me?

I myself just got out of Highschool too, but a spoke with a LOT of people and they all are telling me the same thing. They said if you still feel like taking first semester off then just go part time.

What I am doing is going fulltime and getting all this core requirements that the state requires done, hopefully in a bout 1.5 years it will be knocked out. That leaves me with a year and half to think about an major. You dont have to have a major to go to college son. Just knock your requirements out and then worry about the major later. Also it will be redundant, all the core classes is like going through highschool all over again. sounds like bullshit but nothing you can do about it except suck it up and do it.

Also if you financial problems then, apply for scholarships, or FASFA(govenment aid). If you cant get those 2 then a student loan is the anser. The interest is so ridiculously low that it doesnt even matter, you'll have 20 years or so to pay that off, with investments(in future) and whatnot it wont be hard to pay that shit off at all...as long as you hit the books when you need to and you hit the beertap when you need to :)

yea ill prob. just take first year studies

Lets Go Ski

Guest MegaloManiac
yea ill prob. just take first year studies

well think about it, get all your requirements done. I dont suggest you take any electives until you decide on a major. otherwise if you take electives now and decide on a different major later then those electives you took earlier will not count, it will be wasted money.

i just had my frst day of classes today. i just graduated high school and right now im taking my basic classes at a community college then im transferin over to a university for my majors.

The New - 2002 Acura Rsx (work in progress)Eclipse AVN7000Eclipse 4 Channel4 Polk Audio Db 6.5 (soon to be changed)T500.1Punch 3 15"- The (old) System - 94 GMC Sonoma Ext. CabH/U - Pioneer Avic D3Eclipse 4 Channel Amp2 MB Quart DUA 216 6.5 components2 Polk Momo 4x10s1 RF Power T5001bd2 RF P315D4's 5 cubes net @ 35hzPowermaster D1200 Battery

dont take the first year off. the first year, year and a half, are all basic general education classes that all students are required to take and dont have anything to do with ur major. so take these classes and hopefully one of them will spark your interest enough for u to decide. most people change their major at least twice...so dont sweat it. just go and get ur gen. ed. done. im about to graduate in december with a degree in financial management and financial planning. i will probably go into planning b/c its more interesting to me. i would say any business, engineering, or construction will pay well. these are the type of jobs that cant really be outsourced to other countries so there will always be demand for them. good luck!

i likes me some audio stuff...

Hey buy the way guys, i work for a huge student loan company as a financial aid advisor and in Federal Loan Consolidation out here in the Midwest. If you have any kinda question about financial aid, just let me know and i can get ya an answer. If you have not filled out FAFSA you should really hurry on that, alot of states cut off dates are coming up on that forum and you don't want to be screwed out of a good loan :wink: Pink Floyd as MegaloManiac said you are going to want to stay in the "school" frame of mind. We deal with lots of kids that fill out all there financial aid forums, decided that they are going to take a semester off, and never come back i would say its a 90% chance that you will not go back. I would say that if you go into your first 2 years knowing that you are going to get all you cores taken and out of the way, you should have no problem and Come year 3 you should having a better understanding on what it is you want to do with your life. There are lots of programs out there for really good profession, get involved do lots of internships, explore new ideas cause its cold out here in the work world :D so have fun, don't drink too much lol, and enjoy it :D

Guest MegaloManiac
dont take the first year off. the first year, year and a half, are all basic general education classes that all students are required to take and dont have anything to do with ur major. so take these classes and hopefully one of them will spark your interest enough for u to decide. most people change their major at least twice...so dont sweat it. just go and get ur gen. ed. done. im about to graduate in december with a degree in financial management and financial planning. i will probably go into planning b/c its more interesting to me. i would say any business, engineering, or construction will pay well. these are the type of jobs that cant really be outsourced to other countries so there will always be demand for them. good luck!

you pretty much said the same thing i said, glad more people have my understanding :)

i wouldnt do business. business requires work experience. My cousin did business and he said the degree didnt mean "god dam thing" all the jobs he wanted asked for experience they didnt really care about the degree. unless you plan to work & go to school dont do it, it will much to hard.

however if you do a technical degree, like engineering then it will help you get a job easier.

.02ents

If a guy can't decide what to do....a degree in business gives ya a SHIT load of options to do in the world.
x2... you took the words right outa my mouth.

Barretto MotorsportsTeam RFCTeam CHMTeam SMD "Blow Sand"Live Your Life Without Boundaries... http://www.jeffbarretto.acnrep.com/d_oppor...A=US_EN&BW=