well update:

I went and got my classes, just signed up for general studies. Well i was all excited and i got home and my mom said she hadn't talked to the financial aid lady...The woman finally called and said that i wasnt gonna be able to go to school because i "supposably" never told them i was gonna go to school and that back in march when i first signed up i shouldve went to the Financial aid office and the counsler shouldve told me that. <_< So now it takes 6 weeks to process my f.a., or i can pay out of pocket which is ridiculous. So i guess the idea of taking first semester off has to happen...That sucks cuz i so wanted to start next Wednesday. I guess it gives me more time to think..

Lets Go Ski

Guest MegaloManiac

that fuckin sucks!!

but i can understand that you didnt take care of business ahead of time so things like this happens. I signed up back in july(thinking i was too late) but the lady said im not too late. First I had to get admitted, took maybe 5minutes; lady checked transcripts. Then i had to take the TSI exam because my TAKS test scores werent high enough. Then I finally took it then I was able to actually sign up for classes.

Also community college isnt that expensive...my grand total was $519(without books) it would have been cheaper but I have to pay out-of-county fees.

If you really cant afford it I suggest(god forgive me for saying this) you sell your car audio equipment or something, because school should be priority #1 you can always buy car audio equipment in the run.

There is always private loans that can be taken out. As long as the school is willing to wait on the disbursement you should be able to go to a lender and get money. I would look for private non profits in your area, there are lots of them. Look for a loan that is based on the LIBOR rate, seeing as it will cost you less. I would not take out a private loan for more then 10%. Look at cosigner options, that always helps the rate. If you are still wanting to go this semester its still could be a possibility. If you need any further help, like finding a lender, or questions about private loans, shoot me a pm and i can help.

just a thought, the army's got a $20,000 signing bonus goin on...the possibilities are endless in the military mann..;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Be prepared if you want a technical degree...It's pretty damn tough. I'm starting college next month, and my first classes are multivariable calculus, physics, and an engineering programming class. Basically super hard classes. They told us at orientation that only half of the people who start engineering majors finish them.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

that fuckin sucks!!

but i can understand that you didnt take care of business ahead of time so things like this happens. I signed up back in july(thinking i was too late) but the lady said im not too late. First I had to get admitted, took maybe 5minutes; lady checked transcripts. Then i had to take the TSI exam because my TAKS test scores werent high enough. Then I finally took it then I was able to actually sign up for classes.

Also community college isnt that expensive...my grand total was $519(without books) it would have been cheaper but I have to pay out-of-county fees.

If you really cant afford it I suggest(god forgive me for saying this) you sell your car audio equipment or something, because school should be priority #1 you can always buy car audio equipment in the run.

The counselor never told me i had to go to th financial aid office...they called again today and told me that when i got my financial aid check it would be $4,322.75..thats for everything, and wats left over i can keep...

Lets Go Ski